Part 33

Jimmy's POV

I got off the plane at 3 o'clock in the morning. Mary was still asleep when I came home so I decided to shower before sliding into bed.

I carefully lied down so I wouldn't wake her up. She moved as soon as I lied down, I froze, I thought she was awake but her eyes were still closed, I sighed and closed my eyes as well.

I woke up at 6:45 am, I looked beside me and Mary was still asleep, I checked my phone and there was two messages, one from Lorne and one from Kevin.

"Hey, you're here." Mary said and wrapped her arms around me.

"I got off at 3 am. I tried not to wake you up to surprise you." I said and placed my phone on the bedside table.

"How are you feeling?" She asked me.

"Good, actually. It was weird at first since I didn't know what to say to him but everything turned out fine.

"That's great. Mmm, how's Kate?" She asked. I didn't want to go down that topic.

"She looked tired and old." I said.

"Oh. Is she okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, I guess, we didn't talk that much." I answered.

She softly moaned and went back to sleep using my arm as her pillow.

~

9 AM

"Sweetie?" I called out.

"In the kitchen."

I wiped the blur out of my eyes. "Good Morning." And hugged her from behind.

"You going to the studio today?" She asked.

"Yeah, we'll be planning out the show's anniversary today." I answered.

"By the way, Jane's coming over with Kyle, they want to have dinner with us."

"Yeah, okay, We'll probably finish up early at the office." I gave her a kiss on her neck. "I'll go and get ready."

11 AM

Everyone was there already.

"He finally showed up." Lorne said.

"Okay, okay, I'm late....again." I said and surrendered. "Shall we start, gentlemen?"

A few hours into brainstorming, great ideas have been flying in and it's all overwhelming plus everything that has happened to me the past couple of days was too much to handle. I stood up and went to the men's room where I threw up, I felt dizzy. It's the stress, I said to myself.

We finally got to a unanimous decision about our guests and the new stuff we're doing for the anniversary, I looked at the window and it was already dark.

I glanced at my wrist watch to check what time it is, 7 pm.

"Uh, guys, got to go." I announced to everyone who was still at the office.

"All right, catch ya later." Higgins said without lifting his head up, probably too busy writing up his jokes.

I waved good bye to Lorne and the new guy, Isaac. "See yah!" Isaac said and flashed his smile.

I picked up a couple of sunflowers from the nearby flower store, a few bottles of Pinot Noir, and cheese which my wife instructed me to get.

It was a struggle to open the apartment door because I have too much in my hands, I didn't know what to put down so I ended up knocking. "Honey it's me."

"It's open." Mary screamed out.

"Heh. I know. It's just that I have too much going on here."

She hurriedly opens the door and was about to burst into laughter.

"Could you uhm, take these flowers?" I said.

She curiously took the sunflowers. "They're beautiful."

"Only the best for you." I said and leaned in to kiss her carefully without dropping anything I was holding. "Mmmm, smells good in here."

"I'm cooking roast chicken and chocolate cake." She said.

"Oooh, sounds like my favorite meal." I gently put down the wine bottles and the cheese that I was holding.

"Here, wash these for me." Mary handed me a basketful of grapes.

"Anything else?" I said, offering as much help as I can.

"Yup, uhm, I haven't set the table yet so, could you help me with that?"

"Of course." I replied.

After an hour of washing, setting up, chopping, and slicing, we slumped into our couch. "Good work." Mary said and gave me a kiss as a reward.

"I'll just take a quick shower before they get here." I said and immediately stood up and went towards the bathroom.

I put on some comfy plaid polo, black jeans and a pair of Chucks. Sprayed perfume, tried to fix my messy hair before I went down to the dining room.

"Oh, Jane, Kyle, you're here!" I said.

"How's our favorite TV show host?" They said and both hugged me.

"Still a TV host." I said and laughed.

"Wine?"

"Yes, please." I said to Mary who was already holding the wine bottle.

We sat down shortly after a few minutes.

"Mary, everything looks amazing." Jane noted.

"Why, thank you." Mary did a curtsy.

~

"Hahahaha! That was way way way before I met Kyle! How dare you bring that up Mary?" Jane said, wiping the few tears off her eyes while she continues to laugh hysterically with Mary.

I looked at Kyle and we both just shrugged our shoulders before I mouthed "Women" to him and we both had a few laughs on our own.

"Honey, your phone's vibrating." Mary said.

"Wha--- Oh, yes, excuse me, guys." I excused myself and took the call.

I didn't notice who was calling so I picked it up anyways. "Yeah, Hello?"

"Dad?"

"Hey, Kevin, buddy, everything okay?" I asked.

"Actually, no, Mom just collapsed and I don't know what to do, nothing like this happened before. Should I call for a cab?" He was talking to fast.

"Easy. Okay, call for a cab, take her to the nearest hospital and call up your Mom's relatives and friends." I said.

"We don't have anybody else to call." He revealed. "Dad, we need you."

"Look, buddy, I can't, I'm in New York, I have to go to work tomorrow." I said. I want to help him in some way but there's just something in me that doesn't want to.

"Please, Dad, we have no one else." I could hear him sobbing.

I let out a huge sigh, glanced at Mary. "Okay, I'll be there ASAP."

~

Update