fifteen: gold may seem cool, but i hate it

~•♡•~

i awoke to some very loud yelling.

i, too, screamed as i shot awake. in the process, i fell off the couch (when had i gotten there?), and very sexily smacked my forehead on the table. i groaned loudly as i just laid limp in the floor, as that was easier than whatever was going on.

"coach is awake." leo announced.

"very helpful, valdez." i moaned as i gripped the table to pull myself up. i squinted as sunlight bathed the room, and coach was running around screaming "die!" as he smashed the tea set, whacked the sofa, and charged the throne i had miraculously missed last night.

"coach!" jason yelled.

hedge turned, his breath heavy. his eyes were manic, and if he attacked, i probably wouldn't be able to protect jason.

instead, he lowered his club.

"you're the new kid." he looked at leo, then piper (whose hair resembled chucky with how wild it was), and then me, who probably didn't look much better.

"valdez, mclean, rodrigo," coach started. "what's going on?"

"you broke shit." i huffed as i held up a broken tea pot.

"language!" he huffed. "we were at the grand canyon. the anemoi thuellai were attacking and-" sadly, he caught sight of the storm spirit cage and resorted to old habits.

"DIE!"

"woah, coach!" i must say, leo was either extremely brave or extremely stupid to block hedge's path, which is wild to say because leo- a male who is generally regarded as short- was a solid six inches taller than hedge (does this make hedge a mini-man if leo is a short-man?). "it's okay. they're locked up. we just sprang you from the other cage."

i was beginning to feel nauseous again. i rubbed my stomach uncomfortably, and leo shot me a wild look as if to say, again?!

i suppose i was hungry. i waved him off and sat down on the couch.

"cage? cage? what's going on? just because i'm a satyr doesn't mean i can't have you doing plank push-ups, valdez!"

i closed my eyes when i heard yelling directed at me.

"snap up, rodrigo! we gotta stay alert!"

i made a gruntish whimper as if to say shut it, goat, which coach was not very fond of. if i remembered correctly, i stayed up with leo for about four hours, which meant i was running on;
•one hour of sleep
•cold rations
•a scorched throat
•a deep emotional moment last night that left me feeling vulnerable.

whoopie.

"coach- gleeson- um, whatever you want us to call you. you saved us at the grand canyon. you were totally brave." jason said.

"of course i was!"

"the extraction team came and took us to camp half-blood. we thought we'd lost you. then we got word that the storm spirits had taken you back to their- um, operator, medea."