thirty-three: people realize aruna and leo are a match made in tartarus

LEO

~•♡•~

leo watched, almost in disgust, as percy and annabeth clung to each other for dear life, their lips and noses smashed together and their cheeks flaming red as they kissed in the forum.

gods, how he would do anything to kiss aruna like that.

"dude, stop being so hot." aruna muttered.

"ha, why thank you, mamacita-"

"no, seriously. you're smoking." aruna said as she turned around.

"ah, shit!" leo quickly patted out the smoke on his arms, hoping aruna's body shielded the other demigods from noticing.

how embarassing. this was now the second time today that leo started smoking while he imagined aruna was his girlfriend.

percy finally pulled away from annabeth. he said something to her quietly, but midsentence, annabeth grabbed his wrist and judo flipped him onto the pavement.

while other demigods gasped, aruna clapped and triumphantly spun around. leo groaned and spawned five drachmas from his toolbelt, which he'd brought for this exact reason.

"you were betting?" piper gaped.

"yessir, and i always win!" aruna grinned.

"you know, they say that being good at gambling means you have bad luck in romance." piper pointed out.

"i can fix that-"

"shut up, leo. the gringo wishes to speak." aruna muttered.

leo refocused. annabeth was helping percy to his feet, a hungry desire looming in her eyes. jason cleared his throat, and scanned the crowd.

"so yeah... it's good to be back."

he introduced reyna to piper, who looked miffed she hadn't gotten to say the lines she'd been practicing. then, he introduced leo, who grinned and flashed a peace sign.

"oh, and this is aruna." jason clopped a hand on aruna's shoulder.

"hi." was all she said to reyna. unlike everyone else on the forum, aruna was the only one who looked at reyna like she didn't bow down to authority in the slightest, but her face also read, we can be friends, but if you're bossy, there will be bloodshed.

reyna managed a smirk, and nodded.

in recent month, aruna had grown in so many ways, leo had a hard time believing it. she had toned muscles all over her body, when she used to be built like a twig. aruna's body language had changed as well- she somehow seemed more at ease, less frightened than before, while also looking like she was ready to fight a drakon bare-handed. her eyes had a strange new gleam to them, like she actually had a goal in life now. like she'd only ever been drifting before.

leo grinned at her. last august, when he first saw her, he thought, yeah, she's cute. then, when they finally became friends in december, it was, zooweemama! now, she was not only drop dead gorgeous and the most beautiful girl on earth, but she was smokin' hot, and way out of leo's league. more than she ever had been before.