sixty-four: gaea means a lot of shit

ARUNA

~•♡•~

leo and aruna both gasped, falling into the arms of frank and hazel respectively. leo coughed slightly as frank helped him stand up, while aruna heaved in breaths for air, the pain in her body suddenly returning.

"what- what was that?!" frank gulped as leo panted, wiping sweat from his forehead.

"nothing." aruna grunted as she stood on her own. "it happens sometimes. i can't control it very well."

i wonder if any of my sisters did.

"we're fine." leo assured as he draped one of aruna's arms over him. "i mean... not fine."

"i can move." aruna assured. she held her hand out and her swords came flying towards her, turning into bracelets again midair. her hair was down and messy, having become loose after being kicked in the head, which just made the hairpin fall off.

"the eidolons..." she trailed as she looked around at the carnage leo had caused. "are they gone?"

leo grinned. "my last command overloaded their kill switches- basically locked down all their circuits and melted their cores."

"in english?" frank inclined his head.

"or spanish!" aruna smiled.

"atrapé los eidolons dentro del cableado-"

"a language i can speak." frank groaned.

"i trapped the eidolons inside the wiring." leo said. "then i melted them. they won't be bothering anyone again."

"lit." aruna said. she brought a hand up to wipe blood from her chin.

"you saved us." frank suddenly noted, staring at leo. he seemed ridiculously shocked, almost like he'd doubted any of leo's abilities. all day, he'd been having doubts, even to something as little as aruna talking about minoan letters. he seemed extremely unsure of most things, which worried aruna.

the unconfident can be some of the most dangerous people.

"don't sound so surprised." leo scoffed as he glanced around the destroyed workshop. "too bad all this stuff got wrecked, but at least i salvaged the scrolls. if i can get them back to camp half-blood, maybe i can learn how to recreate archimedes's inventions."

aruna knew it wouldn't be maybe- it would happen.

hazel rubbed the side of her head, her body still twitching. aruna vaguely remembered her and frank getting shocked again while she was getting pummeled. "but i don't understand. where is nico? that tunnel was supposed to lead us to nico."

aruna nodded despite the pain. "yeah... i don't feel anything. there's nobody else here, not even close. i can only feel people up above."

leo suddenly paled and his shoulders went slack. "oh... hazel- um, how exactly were you tracking nico? i mean, could you just sense him nearby because he was your brother?"

hazel frowned and tensed, though her body was wobbling from the shock (literally). "not... not totally. sometimes i can tell when he's close, but, like i said, rome is so confusing, so much interference because of all the tunnels and caves-"