eighty-two: leo and aruna are planning in rhodes

ARUNA

~•♡•~

"leo, did you have to smack my ass in front of her like that?"

"of course i did."

"why?"

"i like your ass, and it's awesome to let people know i'm allowed to grab your ass." leo grinned. aruna rolled her eyes at him and continued to walk, helena just behind her.

"where are you from?" helena asked softly as they walked the streets of rhodes, greece. it was a disgustingly hot day that made aruna want to break free of her own skin. the sight of the orange and yellow stones all over the place seemed to bounce more light off the sun than the sun itself did.

"america." leo replied as he held aruna's hand.

helena smiled. "i mean which state?"

"texas." aruna replied.

"i hear texas is nice."

"not really." leo muttered. helena gave him a sideways glance, and her gaze turned to aruna's hand clasped with his. she frowned, and quickly looked back up. aruna frowned, and gave leo's hand a nervous squeeze. he breathed deeply and held her hand tighter as they walked.

"can you rent boats here?" aruna asked.

"for very much money." helena replied. "you can rent a windsurfer for a simple price. or a ferry to other islands."

aruna frowned. that wouldn't serve them very well. not only would it be too slow for them, but it would put too many mortals in danger. and aruna was trying to keep as far away from the public as she could, because if she was arrested...

she frowned. she technically was legal here. leo was not. she turned to him, her eyes wide with realization. he gave her a worried glance and aruna looked out to the city.

"is there a hospital here?"

helena froze in her tracks and stared at aruna. "are you ill?"

aruna didn't know how to answer. if she lied and said she was sick, then helena might give her an answer quicker. however, it also meant that helena might linger longer- not that she was a nuisance, but aruna didn't want to put her in danger.

however, if she didn't lie, it might mean that helena wouldn't take her to the hospital. it would also raise questions, and it would be bad if helena's suspicions rose high enough for her to start questioning more stuff, or involve authorities.

"just in case something happens." aruna decided. helena's eyes flickered to aruna and leo's interlocked hands once again, and aruna saw leo's mood shift from nervous to guarded.

"there is one." helena said. "on the other side of the island. is everything okay? do you need to see a doctor?"

"fine." aruna nodded. "but, you never know... gotta be prepared, y'know?"

helena blinked and aruna turned to leo. he, too, looked immensely confused and aruna just glared at him, bullying him into submission.