forty-four: possession madness

PIPER

~•♡•~

the others were a little surprised when piper came back on a pegasus with two unconscious demigods. while frank and hazel tended to blackjack, annabeth helped piper get percy and jason to sickbay.

"at this rate, we're going to run out of ambrosia." hedge grumbled as he tended to their wounds. "how come i never get invited on these violent trips?"

piper sat at jason's side. she herself felt fine after a swig of nectar and some water but she was still worried about the boys.

"are we ready to sail?" piper asked.

"should be." annabeth replied.

piper frowned. "where's leo? and aruna?"

"leo went to talk to aruna."

ah. piper nodded. "do you know how to get us aloft?"

"i can go up, but i can't get us anywhere else." annabeth replied. she carefully investigated the horseshoe-shaped dent on the back of percy's head. "what hit him?"

"blackjack."

"what?!"

piper tried to explain as coach hedge began applying a healing paste to the boys' heads. annabeth lead piper out of medbay and to the control panel, passing by aruna's door in the process. piper stared at it fondly, wanting nothing more than to check on her other friends.

"hazel!" annabeth called. hazel snapped her head over. "can you get leo and aruna? tell them it's an emergency."

hazel ran off, and annabeth quickly called, "KNOCK FIRST!"

annabeth tapped some controls, and yanked the ship upwards. they heard a set of footsteps running up the stairs, and leo dashed to the control panel quickly, his face red and sweaty. piper wrinkled her nose at his stink.

"bro, what happened?" leo groaned as he manned the panel.

"we'll talk about it in a second! set course for atlanta!" piper called as she and annabeth ran down the stairs. hazel passed them.

"where's runa?" piper asked.

"she 'got to pee'." hazel quoted.

"oh. okay."

piper and annabeth made it back to sickbay in the nick of time. piper watched as both boys groaned and opened their eyes.

within a few minutes, jason and percy were sitting up in their berths and able to talk in complete sentences. both had fuzzy memories of what had happened, and piper filled them in on the details. shortly after she'd finished explaining, aruna walked in the doorway eating a mango.

"hey, buddies!" aruna grinned sarcastically. "clearly, y'all had a grand ole time."

"i'm sure you did, too." percy retorted.

"oh, fantastic."

"knocked out twice in two days." jason groaned. "some demigod."