eighty-three: aruna battles a baby eater- YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOUUUUUCH

ARUNA

~•♡•~

they were having fun until they got inside the hospital.

to start, it was absolutely disgusting. the walls were caked with moss, dirt, and grime even inside. the nurses didn't bat an eye as aruna and leo walked in, both clearly dehydrated. the hospital staff members were still using paper rather than electronic files, which would have been fine if the papers hadn't literally been from 1955.

"excuse me?" aruna asked.

the receptionist looked up and raised an eyebrow. she had curly black hair and a straight, greek nose with olive skin and blue eyes. aruna suddenly remembered that they were in greece, and she chose to speak the language.

"do you have birth records here?

the receptionist looked a little surprised that aruna spoke greek, but otherwise looked uninterested. "why?"

aruna frowned. "i just need to know if you have them or not."

"we're a hospital, so we have birth records." the receptionist snapped. leo looked a little surprised, and he turned to aruna.

aruna smacked her hand on the table and the receptionist flinched. "cut the attitude. i need the records of aruna mercedes rodrigo, born  14th of february, 1994."

"i can't give you records without-"

"NOW!"

three minutes later, aruna and leo had records. they thanked the receptionist with kind smiles, despite literally bullying her (aruna did the bullying. leo just allowed it to happen) and pretended to walk to the waiting room.

instead, the dove into a storage closet. aruna barricaded the door with a shelf as leo rewired the broken light quickly, and within no time, they had the proper illumination to read the records.

aruna led leo over to a wall. she sat with leo next to her, sliding down the wall. it was a pretty disgusting place, but it was about the equivalent of the sewers in chicago, so it wasn't terrible. she opened the files and leo pressed his cheek to hers, getting as close as possible to look at it.

"okay, this is a copy of my certificate." aruna muttered. leo looked it over.

"hey, why are you named after a car? i just realized that."

aruna rolled her eyes. "i'm not named after a mercedes."

"thennnn?" leo raised an eyebrow.

"it's not much better." aruna admitted. "my dad chose my middle name from mercedes in call of the wild."

"mercedes..." leo seemed to struggle.

"the really spoiled woman who wants to buy the dogs."

leo snickered and aruna nodded. "oh my gods, it would have been better if you had just been named after a car."

"yup." aruna agreed. she flipped through more documents. most of them were just vitals and such- how many fingers and toes she had, hair color, heartbeat. the usual. none of it seemed very important.