twenty-seven: leo valdez needs to stop sucking

LEO

~•♡•~

leo walked next to aruna, his heart pounding just by her shoulder brushing his. he didn't bother talking to her as she was clearly in a bad mood, her breaths heavy and her eyebrows furrowed a little more than usual. he noticed the dimple she usually got whenever she got mad, though it sometimes appeared when she was extremely happy, which wasn't very often.

the quest hadn't gone very well in the slightest. first, leo got clopped in the head by an eight-foot tall meaty monster with a bunch of tattoos. not cool. then, he and jason realized jae was their demigod because the laistrygonians seemed awfully fixated on him, and they had to literally snatch him from his own father before the laistrygonians got them.

then, leo and jason accidentally dove into the wrong pharmacy to hide out- the laistrygonian run pharmacy. leo was just looking at the bags of starbursts- aruna's favorite candy- about to steal some because he was broke, when the clerk turned into one out of nowhere, and set something off. then, kaboom! leo, jae, and jason were blown up, with leo taking the brunt of it.

then, he saw the girl of his dreams fighting tooth and nail against a horde of the monsters, while he was whimpering about jae not speaking a language he knew and his wrist feeling sore. on top of that, piper got a hyundai of all cars, so they went 0 to 20 in a span of a solid ten seconds.

then, the laistrygonians started gaining, and like the charming prince he is, leo dove into aruna's lap and did some hephaestus-fu in the car.

and then, what definitely won her over and got him girlfriend, he broke her nose with his own head.

yeah. the quest did not go very well.

even when they were at camp, aruna was defending leo from the misogynistic, leo-hating dude that had been hitting on her the entire time. while leo did care about jason, he mostly helped aruna because he didn't want jae super close to her, and he could tell that aruna was maybe two sentences away from dropping jason like a sack of potatoes and threatening leo again.

leo swiped another glance at aruna, her eyes level with his as she was around his height. leo almost worried that she wouldn't be into him if he was ever shorter than her, but he reminded himself that she wasn't into him now.

he cursed to himself in his head. why didn't he try to make a move on her before she learned she was half-titan and went to a camp full of godly kids that were way better than him in several ways?

there was will solace, the surfer-dude with a boy-next-door type of look, his tall frame, and athletic build. then, there was connor and travis, who were not only funny, but taller and more muscular than leo. then, there was literally any of the boys in the aphrodite cabin.

leo didn't even want to think about all the girls that aruna probably had a chance with.

leo pulled some screws and wires from his belt and started to play with them, like he always did when he got nervous- which was just about any time aruna was less than three feet away from him.

leo had had a crush on aruna since she arrived at the wilderness school at the start of the semester. several times, he'd thought about talking to her. a few times he even walked to where she was sitting, hoping to strike up conversation, but then he remembered how pretty she was, and girls that pretty don't like boys like him, so he chickened out and claimed he had to go to the bathroom.