thirty: limbs are lost and they need bail

PIPER

~•♡•~

piper felt terrible after her fight with aruna. she felt like she was just the worst friend alive. she couldn't shake the feeling that aruna was right; piper had let her down.

and, even if piper didn't mean to, intention doesn't matter at the end of the day. if someone says you hurt them, then there's no refuting that.

now, it was the morning of the fourteenth of february, and nobody could find aruna.

"hey, nyssa?" piper asked, her tone full of worry as she approached the daughter of hephaestus. bunker 9 was buzzing with all sorts of activity; blowtorches blew, hammers clinked, people argued over blueprints.

nyssa stopped welding some bronze plating and she lifted her helmet up.

"piper? why are you here?" nyssa asked.

"h-have you seen runa?" piper asked, her heart racing. "i want to apologize... but, i can't find her anywhere."

"interesting." nyssa frowned as she stepped forward. "we can't find leo."

piper's heart sunk. "wh-what?"

"well, we figured he was with aruna." nyssa shrugged. "y'know, 'cause he's in love with her. i swear, only thing he loves more than this warship is his dragon and that little emo."

piper shrugged. "makes sense."

"but, if you can't find her... and we can't find him..."

piper gulped. "sometimes, they go in the woods. maybe they got lost?"

"doubt it." nyssa shook her head. "even though leo is a dumbass, aruna has a pretty good sense of direction. and besides, even if they did get lost, we'd hear them screaming at each other."

piper huffed, knowing that nyssa was right. she crossed her arms and tapped her foot, trying to figure out where to go from here.

"listen, it's possible they're hiding on purpose." nyssa pointed out. "leo was acting funny last night. and aruna... she seemed pretty upset."

piper turned red and she looked down. she only nodded, not feeling like getting into what had happened.

"talk to chiron." nyssa said as she grabbed her helmet. "see what he thinks."

she flipped the helmet down, and went back to welding. without another word, piper turned and left the bunker.

her red converse slapped the ground as she stomped her way back to the main camp grounds. several people turned heads, confused by the way piper was shooting her eyes around, looking for both her friends, and chiron.

"pipes? what's wrong?" jason asked from the front steps of the zeus cabin.

piper breathed shakily.

"i can't find runa."

jason's expression hardened. quickly, he scanned the scenery, mostly settling his eyes on the hephaestus cabin. piper raised an eyebrow as he squinted to look at the selene cabin.