fifty-six: sinners

LEO

~•♡•~

after a little bit of nectar, leo was back to almost normal. physically, he was very well capable of being on his feet, working with power tools and the occasional massive hammer to drill holes in the bottom of chrysaor's ship. unfortunately, he was most ashamed he'd been clunked so easily, and that he hadn't been there for aruna.

aruna.

he froze at the thought of her. though his head was spinning and he'd been drifting in and out of consciousness, he'd heard the things happening around him. how chrysaor had a plan for her. leo shook his head and held his hammer high before crashing it down onto the floor. he knew he'd have to talk to aruna, but not until it was safe. he had to wait for everyone else to go to sleep, and he would gently approach her.

this time, he knew he wouldn't say anything until she was ready. mostly, he just wanted to be close to her, to see that she was all right. after chrysaor's men had been defeated, she wasted no time in checking over everyone, then slipping into her room.

nobody bothered stopping her.

above deck, leo could hear coach hedge going ballistic with his bat, breaking and smashing things. leo figured it was probably a good way for the old satyr to get out all his murderous energy.

leo returned with all of his own supplies shortly. coach hedge followed quickly after, both walking towards their friends on the other ship.

before then, however, hedge stopped leo.

"valdez!"

leo turned around. the ship was sinking, but very slowly. he reckoned they had a second to stop and talk about whatever the coach looked mad about.

"yeah, coach?" leo asked with a sigh, already exasperated. it'd been a long night, and he just wanted to go see aruna, but if the coach had something to say, he knew he needed to listen before the crazy old satyr beat him with a bat.

"what's going on with you and rodrigo?"

leo shrugged instantly. "didn't think there was anything."

"kid, i can read emotions." coach said as he put both hands on his hips. "maybe not as well as the moon child, but i can do it! we satyrs have very strong emotional abilities!"

maybe that's why he's so homicidal, leo thought.

"and this morning, you seemed awfully happy! even though she was screaming at ya yesterday!" hedge said with a wave of his hand.

"um, okay?"

"so, one of two things happened." hedge figured. "either you guys are acting like nothing happened- which, frankly, you are being suspicious!- or, you disobeyed my direct orders and sinned!"

"coach, you're pagan-"

"SINNED!" hedge repeated. leo snickered once softy before righting himself, and staring the coach dead in the eyes.

"alright, coach." leo huffed. "i want you to look at me," leo gestured to his body, and then to the boat. "and then think of what she looks like. do you really think i-" leo swallowed thickly and rubbed his nose as he fought a laugh. "sinned?"