The escape...That isn't very exciting.

I pawed at the bars of the cage. This would be so much easier with hands. Bay snuck through the barn door. A big smile spread across their face when they saw me.

"How are you?" Bay asked solemnly. I shook out my fur and yipped. They giggled and went to the cage door and began to undo the lock.

I whined. "I'm trying to undo the lock," They looked up at me, pausing what they were doing. "Cuz you deserve to be free." Going back to work on the lock, I began to pace around the crate.

Their dad would punish them, I can't just leave them here. They could come with me.

I barked at them and they paused considering something. "I could," They said. Confused, I cocked my head. "I did understand that, didn't I." A smile spread across their face, but they went back to picking the lock.

In a short minute the lock fell to the ground with a clang and they opened the door. I licked their face with gratitude before they pushed me away.

"Ew." They laughed. They brought me through the back of the barn where they had stored some things to bring along. A dog waited for her, fluffy coat and eyes full of bravery and loyalty.

"Can me and Blizzard come with you?" She asked.

"Of course." I shook my tail. She nodded and grabbed her stuff.

***

It was a cold trip, but once we reached the forest edge she wanted to part ways. She didn't say much about it, nor did I ask. She seemed confident in where she was going but asked me to take care of blizzard, who had known some wolf afterall.

"Just until she leaves on her own?" Bay made me promise.

I agreed and she disappeared into the forest. My, were the friends I made strange. Blizzard was a mostly white husky wolf, bigger than the hunters other dogs.

When I made it back to the den, there were a lot of nuzzles and happy barks. They were happy I was alright and asked me to tell the story of what happened. Blizzard was indeed accepted and the pups emideately snuggled into her warm soft fur and I told them of my foolish endeavor and how Bay had saved my life.