Goodbye.

I woke with a start. The shadowy images faded to the corners of my vision. I had dreams of the monsters in the swamp. Sticky sinking ground and ominous howls. That white fox had been dancing around me just out of view, chanting and humming.

I panted, trying to ground myself.

That wasn't real. I repeated to myself. It was just a dream.

But the nights continued to go like this. It would take so long to fall asleep and then when I did haunting dreams played throughout the night.

One day after waking up from one of these haunting dreams I went to Kuinsa.

"I'm leaving to figure out what my dreams have ment." I whispered into her ear. She raised her head to look at me.

"Are you sure? That swampy forest is practically a death wish. No creature for miles and miles around would think twice about going in there."

"I think I need to. Tell Aki to not come looking for me, and that I will be back."

"Not before you leave with a meal for the road." She gave me a large snow hare from the pile of meat. I took it gratefully in my jaws, and nodded my thanks.

With the rabbit in my mouth I turned and left. Shivering when I reached the entrance of the cave. The snow was for the most part melted but the morning was cold and quiet. I made my way to the swampy forest, The place me and Aki had traveled through to get to The silver wolf waterfall. We had stayed to the side, staying out of any mud or water, but this time I was going straight in.