0.44

14.05.15

~*~

He hadn't spoken to Harry in three days, which was a lot considering they hadn't gone a day without speaking in the last month or so. As much as he told himself the messages were fake, he couldn't shake the fact that they really could be real and everything that happened could've been a lie.

He hadn't even told his mum what happened, even when she asked why Louis' wasn't answering Harry's calls. His reply was a shrug, before he trudged out of the house, not even waiting for his three friends to show up because he wanted to be by himself.

By Friday afternoon Louis had 34 messages, 30 from Harry, 2 from Lex, one from Zayn and one from Niall. The older boy had also tried to call him fourteen times but Louis had ended up turning his phone off. He wasn't ready to talk to Harry, to find out if it really was all true. He'd much rather mope and whine and groan and most definitely worry Harry.

Friday went extremely slowly, ending with a maths lesson which didn't improve his mood one bit. Especially because he got held back 15 fifteen minutes after the bell because he'd been caught talking, except he wasn't, was his argument.

When he left the lesson he was in a worse mood, wanting to go home and sleep for the next two days, taking short breaks to cry and bury his sorrows in tubs of ice cream. Stan and Jess were waiting for him at the door, the rest of the school empty because everyone had rushed out.

"Olly had football." Jess explained as he got closer.

"Yeah, he told me in drama." Louis replied, pushing open the doors that were meant to be automatic but hadn't been for years.

"You wanna do something this weekend? There's a fair going on at Oakhill, we could go." Stan said and Louis knew the boy was trying to cheer him up but he really wasn't in the mood.

"Dunno, I'll text you about it tomorrow."

"You don't have to, I'm not really that bothered."

Jess stopped and took hold of Louis' arm, making him stop as well and turn to look at her.

"Why don't we take the side route home, shorter and all?" She said as if she was trying to avoid something, looking at Stan over Louis' shoulder and shifting her eyes to the right to make him do the same.

"What's the point? We're already on this route and the side routes only about 2 minutes quicker." Louis shrugged, not paying much attention to the nervous look in both Jess and Stan's eyes.

Neither of them could persuade Louis to change route and had to follow him, sending doubtful glances at each other. Louis was halfway through explaining something that had happened in his Spanish class when he froze mid sentence.

He'd seen what Stan and Jess had been hoping he wouldn't. Harry was lent against the wall, biting on one nail while he looked down at his phone with a frown. It was as though he was drawn to Louis because the minute he stopped the older boy pocketed his phone and looked up, a small smile crossing his lips.

"Why didn't I listen and take the side route." Louis said quietly as Harry pushed himself off the wall and began to make his way towards them.

"I think it's best if you don't say anything." Stan defended, moving in front of Louis to block Harry from him.

"Why-what have I done?" He asked sincerely, trying to look at Louis who did his best not to make eye contact.

"I think you know full well what you've done."