Tell Me Why I Feel Unwanted

Lucy fumed as she stomped through the summery streets of Magnolia. Not only had her relationship with Loke ended far too soon-she had no time to play with him at all-but he almost ruined it for her. If she had not slammed his gate shut and forced him back to the Spirit World, he would have told the whole guild about her dark secret.

Damn that Lion and his keen instincts! He saw right through her intentions from the very start.

What was worse was that dating Loke got no reaction out of Natsu at all, not like the delicious shock he had shown when she began going out with Laxus, and the flaring jealousy he displayed when she went for Gajeel. That choice had nearly ruined her friendship with Levy, but it was worth it to see Natsu fuming. Served him right for breaking up with her!

She was not done tormenting Natsu, either. Maybe it was mean, maybe it was not at all like the sunny face she showed to everyone at the guild. She no longer cared about keeping up appearances now. After all, Lucy had been raised as an heiress, a lady with a large sense of pride and dignity. She had been brought up with servants obeying her wishes, eager to please her. She did not easily forgive those who insulted her or her friends. So how dare some crude cretin like Natsu lead her on for so many months, whisper he would be with her forever, take her virginity, pleasure her in all the ways she always wanted, only to say he was bored now and dump her like that! How dare he steal her innocence and then discard her like a broken toy!

Well, she knew about toying with people! She wanted Natsu as her pet, a little dog to eat out of her fingers. Once he was her plaything, she would punish the bad dog and laugh as he crawled away with his tail between his legs.

For the sake of all future girlfriends, that boy needed to learn that women were not something to be used and discarded. Or so she told herself.

She did not actually want Natsu back as a boyfriend; that was not the issue here at all. His goofy side was plain annoying. He was good in bed, but lousy to take on dates. She just wanted him to want her again so she could deny him his desires. It was similar to the punishments her father sometimes used to dole out to the servants.

Besides, the guy had a dark side to him that thrilled her. Lucy wanted to see that darkness, that Dragon Slayer whose angry eyes could burn a person's soul!

She had thought an older and experienced man like Laxus would cull out that inner darkness, but perhaps she had made her move too soon. She knew Gajeel and Natsu were rival Dragon Slayers, and she had hoped they would fight over her. She likely could have pushed them to that point, seduced Gajeel into "claiming" her as his mate, and Natsu would have been able to smell the other Dragon Slayer's "marking," yet it was not worth seeing Levy so depressed. They broke up with mutual understanding, but then the jerk bragged that he was the one who dumped her. She thought for certain Loke would have gone as far as she wanted, maybe even helped her to teach Natsu a lesson since he was supposed to obey her orders. Alas, that playboy saw something in her actions and bailed out, just like Laxus did when she got too clingy.

So who else? Who could she date who would make Natsu jealous, but someone who would be fine with showing a little public affection to torment her ex-boyfriend? Dating Hibiki and Sting did not work simply because they were too far away. Natsu did not get to see them happy together. Hibiki's flowery praise was hardly anything unusual; he talked to all women like that, so it had no affect. Although Natsu had fiercely warned her not to have anything to do with Sting and definitely showed signs of jealousy, the White Dragon Slayer was too hard to manipulate. He made a terrible toy. No, it had to be someone in Magnolia, someone Natsu could see every day. That was the best way to punish him.

She paused in the park. Although it was a crowded summer day, she had felt eyes upon her for some time, someone watching her. Looking back, she saw a shadow in the bushes quickly pull back around a narrow tree. It made her heart leap in a moment of fear, but she narrowed her eyes. Some stalker, huh? She could deal with creeps like that.