Go Insane From the Bitter Feeling

Rusty hinges squealed like maddened banshees as Gray slowly pushed open a metal door. Inside was dark compared to the early July sun, and he stood on the threshold waiting for his eyes to adjust. A warehouse. Somehow, this was appropriate, almost cliché, but it was fine with Gray. No one would see them. No one else would get hurt. There had been enough blood today.

He looked down at his hands stained red. Part of his mind ached to know that was Lucy's blood, and part of him knew she had just been the first step to clearing away everything wrong with his life.

When he glared into the darkness again, it was easier to see. He felt like the shadows were welcoming him. He closed the door behind him, shutting away the last bit of light, committing himself to the darkness. He took six steps in before crunching against some broken glass on the dusty floor.

"Took you long enough."

Gray swung his eyes left, then right. The voice seemed to come from everywhere. He stayed still, sensing beyond eyes and ears. He felt heat. Right side, up ahead.

"I guessed you would come after me. Good location?"

Gray continued forward, not dropping his guard. "As good as any. I'm guessing they won't find your body for a few days here."

"Cocky as ever, stripper."

From behind a brick pillar, Natsu slithered around into view, his arms folded, a smirk on his face, his eyes narrow and wild with insanity.

"I guess you talked to Lucy, huh?"

Gray glared in disgust at the mention of her name. "I've taken care of her."

Natsu nodded. "Yeah, I might have gotten a bit ... rough." He heard a soft growl from Gray and smiled arrogantly. "She loved every minute of it."

Frost burst out in pale blue clouds around Gray as his teeth gritted until they nearly cracked. What he had heard from Happy, Lucy and Natsu ... an affair ... she went back to him ... betrayed their love ... and this bastard, this goddamn flaming bastard ... fucking the woman Gray loved so much it drove him crazy to even think of her with anyone else ... to think Lucy went back to Natsu!

"So, now we fight for her?" the Dragon Slayer asked, looking casual about it.

Gray had to laugh. Fight for her? For that lying, cheating whore? "I'm done with Lucy."

Natsu arched an eyebrow in confusion. "You really are cold."

"It's all your fault, Natsu." The chill swirled around him. "I'm not here to fight you. I'm here to kill you."

Natsu nodded as he thought about that. "A fight to the death? I always knew it'd come: you and me, one final fight to decide it all." He chuckled softly, then barked a laugh, then broke into maddened howls of laughter. Gray stood still as he watched. This was not like Natsu at all.

He was mad! He was insane!

"I guess—" Natsu stopped laughing and grinned psychotically at Gray. "—I finally get to kill you!"

He moved quickly, boosted by flames. Natsu charged with forceful fists aimed towards Gray's stomach. The thud of knuckles against flesh echoed through the warehouse. Natsu had a satisfactory grin when he saw a splash of red spill out of Gray's mouth.

"First blood," the Dragon Slayer cackled.

Instantly, Gray had an ice knife in his hand and thrust it at Natsu's stomach. The Dragon Slayer leaped back, but his shirt was sliced from the sharp blade and his skin split just a little.