Tell Me How I Mesmerize You

Lucy woke up slowly and saw Gray already getting dressed. She rolled over in bed, wrapping the sheet around her naked body, and gazed at him tugging on the shirt he almost never wore.

"Going somewhere?" she asked seductively.

"Emergency call," he answered in a hurry. "A village in the mountains is about to be crushed by a glacier. I'm supposed to meet Lyon there as soon as possible."

Lucy pouted and flopped back onto her pillow. "I guess I'd just be in the way."

Gray paused in his rush and knelt beside the bed to smile at her. "You'd definitely distract me. Do you even realize how sexy you look in a parka?"

She laughed and slapped his arm. "A parka? Seriously, Gray?"

"Besides, it'll be dangerous and freezing. People are dying up there. I want you to stay here where it's warm. I'll be back in a couple days."

"You better be," she pouted. "My birthday's coming up."

Gray leaned over and kissed her. "I wouldn't miss it for the world!" Then he rose and pulled his coat on. "Stay out of mischief while I'm gone."

"No flirting with girls," she called back.

Gray paused in the doorway and looked back with a serious expression. "Stay away from Natsu."

"Silly," she laughed. "Go rescue those villagers. I'll make some hotpot when you come back. Maybe something special for dessert," she said with a wink.

Gray rushed back in, tackled her on the bed, kissed her passionately, and grabbed her breasts. Lucy gasped and arched her back, only to feel him pull away.

"One for the road," he smirked.

"Meanie!" she huffed, but Gray left in a hurry. "Grab and go, huh?"

Eventually, Lucy convinced herself to leave the warmth of the bed, dress, and go to the guild hall. She ordered a breakfast protein shake, part of a diet she had been following so she could lose some weight before her birthday. Mira brought the shake over with a charming smile.

"No Gray today? Maybe you're proving to be too much for the poor boy."

Lucy laughed wearily as she stirred a straw in the shake. "Trust me, it's the other way around."

Mira sighed dreamily. "You two are cute together, even if you act like rabbits in heat. Are you happy with him?"

Lucy thought about the past few days. "Yeah," she smiled with hot cheeks. "I don't want to mess up with him, but..." She closed her mouth, afraid to say too much.

Mira pouted and leaned in closer to whisper. "Lucy, I know you're planning something against Natsu. Personally, I think that's a bit vindictive of you. I know you were heartbroken, but it's been six months. You should let it go. I don't want to see you mess things up with Gray. He's a good guy, but he has quite a temper if you truly provoke him."

She laughed softly. "Gray wouldn't get mad at me."

Mira's eyes saddened. "You haven't known Gray as long as I have. Just be nicer to Natsu. Let the past go." Her eyes glanced to the door. "Speak of the Devil!" she muttered, and instantly her normal smile was back. "Good morning, Natsu!"

He said nothing, giving only a grunt instead. However, Happy flew up to the bar and ordered tuna juice.

Mira quickly leaned back in to Lucy. "Nothing vindictive, got it?"

"I'll be good," Lucy sighed. "Maybe I'll take a mission. Going on a mission with Natsu might cheer him up."

"Good idea," Mira smiled, then she went off to fix more drinks.