Chapter 1⚠️

Hello there! The name is Y/N Arrieta. A 24 year old New Jersey girl who loves to dance and sing. I've been dancing since I was little. Singing was something I end up growing into. I love singing but dancing is my passion. Lately I've been singing with my boyfriend. You may be asking who's the boyfriend. Well he's name is Nicholas Carter Mara. Nick for short. How we meet was a bit crazy.

Nick and I have known about each since we were kids but we finally got a chance to talk to each other during 7th grade. We had a few classes together and each class we had, we were either next to each other or 2 people away. We thought school was the only thing we had in common but we ended up finding out dance is what brought us together. How did we find out? Well I wanted to try a different dance studio. After looking at many different studios, I locked in with the dance studio Nick was in. I didn't know until I saw that it was him.

Anyways, Nick was also in the basketball team and he didn't want his friends to know about him doing dance. However, he did mention he was in the ICONic Boyz but I didn't know about. So I respected his privacy and didn't say anything. Every since that day, we always get paired together and we were okay with it. We would hang out during and after school and dance. I introduced him to my parents and he introduced me to his. Our parents ended up liking us being together. Everyone in school also liked us being together even though we weren't dating yet. Every summer, Nick and I along with our parents and his siblings would go to LA or Miami for vacation. Every time we were there, we acted like a couple.

Right now, we were half way through our sophomore year in high school. I entered the school dance and he continued his basketball career when we entered high school. We had a rally for their big home game and I had to perform.

...: now it's time for our New Jersey dancers!

We're dancing to Power Trip by J.Cole , Body Party by Ciara and Up & Down by T-Pain. Only half of us including myself started dancing Power Trip.

A few minutes later.

We finished our dance and everyone started cheering and clapping. Everytime we preformed, Nick and I always look at each other and do our handshake but when I turned to look, he wasn't there. It kinda hurt me but I just brushed it off. As we were heading backstage, I saw Nick standing there with a boquete of flowers and my two friends holding up a sign saying "would you be my date to the dances but as my girlfriend?". He walks up to me and hands me the flowers.

Nick: so what do you say?
Y/N: uhm that you took way too long to ask
*you wrapped your arms around his neck & kissed him*
Nick: I'll take that as a yes
*he pulls you in & kisses you as everyone cheers*
...: do you guys mind if I take a picture for the yearbook?
Both: we love too

We took the picture and I went to go change while Nick goes back with his teammates. As I was changing, I called my mom to let her know.

Y/M:
hello

Y/N:
mom guess what?

Y/M:
what happened? You okay?
Do I need to pick you up?

Y/N:
everything's okay actually
better than okay

Y/M:
spill

Y/N:
Nick finally asked me out!

*she screams through the phone*