Sick (Gender Neutral reader)

Got this idea because I was sick for a week and a half 😭 Basically you're sick and John takes care of you! Enjoy!

Y/N POV
It was a normal day at the gas station, and I was working at the till. It was almost time for me to go home when suddenly, it started snowing outside. It wasn't that much of a surprise since it was starting to get into the winter months. The only problem was that I had forgotten to bring a jacket with me.

Once my shift was over, I left the gas station. It was a bit chilly, but I was comfortable enough to not need a jacket. I walked to the bus stop, and the temperature seemed to drop a bit. Not very much, but enough to make me shiver a bit. I kept waiting for the bus, but for some reason it took much longer for it to arrive than usual.

As it became colder and colder, it felt as though I was getting frostbite. It was unbearably freezing. I checked my phone to see how much longer I have to wait for the bus, shocked to find it was thirty minutes late. I cursed myself for not being prepared for the weather. As I was beginning to lose hope and considered walking home, the bus finally arrived. I quickly got on, and rode the rest of the way home. I noticed that my nose was a bit runny, but I figured it was probably nothing.

The next morning, I woke up feeling extremely cold. My nose was stuffy in one nostril, and breathing from the other nostril felt like it was on fire. My head was throbbing in pain. My throat was painfully dry. My entire body felt like it was about to shut down at any moment. Luckily it was my day off so I didn't have to work, but I could barely enjoy it due to my sickness. I reached for my phone, looking for John's number in my contacts.

John Doe POV
I was in bed when suddenly, my phone rang. It was Y/N, so I happily answered. "Good morning, my love! How are you doing today?" I asked. "I'm really sick at the moment, can you come over? I really need some help getting better..." Y/N asked. I could hear it in their voice, they were incredibly sick. "Of course, I'll be there right away!" I replied, hanging up and getting ready to go to their house.

Once I arrived at their house, I used the spare key they gave me to let myself in. I could hear Y/N's bedroom door open, and they crept into the living room. "Y/N! Are you okay? Do you need to go to the doctor? How did you get so sick?" I asked Y/N, hugging them tightly. "I didn't bring a jacket to work yesterday. I didn't think it would be as cold as it was." They replied, a hint of embarrassment in their voice. "I can tell, you're freezing! Please bring a jacket next time, okay? I'll go get you a blanket." I replied, heading to Y/N's room.

When I returned with the blanket, Y/N was laying on the couch. I covered them with the blanket. "How do you feel now? Do you need anything else? How about something to eat?" I asked. "I feel a bit warmer now, thank you! Something to eat would be nice." They replied, before sneezing. "Of course! What do you want to eat, my love?" I asked. Y/N thought about it for a moment before answering. "Just some soup and some tea please." They replied. I nodded, going to the kitchen to prepare their food.

Once I was finished, I brought Y/N's food to them. They sat up and began eating their soup. I sat next to them. After they were finished eating, I caressed their cheek. "Do you feel better, Y/N?" I asked. They nodded. "I do feel better, but I'm still really cold." They replied. They went back to laying on the couch when suddenly, I had an idea. I layed behind them, wrapping my arms and legs around them before throwing the blanket over us.

Y/N POV
After John wrapped himself around me, I started to feel much warmer than before. "Do you feel warmer, Y/N?" He whispered, his breath on the back of my neck causing me to blush. "Yes actually. Thanks for taking care of me John!" I responded. "You're welcome, my love! I'd do anything for you! I just love, love, love you Y/N!" He happily replied. I smiled. "I love you too, John." I replied, slowly drifting off to sleep.

Hope you enjoyed it! Also, Christmas is next month, so be ready for the Christmas special! I'm really looking forward to Christmas, I'm hoping to get a Gen 3 Draculaura doll this year :) I'd like to hear what you guys want for Christmas as well!!

Wordcount: 843