O| George // Bludger

George Weasley X Fem! Gryffindor! Reader

word count: 1440

~
You woke up early on a saturday morning, trying not to wake the other girls as you made your way to quidditch practice. you were a chaser on the gryffindor team for 2 years now and you loved training with the team. the team was very close and you would always have alot of fun with them.

there was one other reason you looked forward to practise. George Weasley. You had been secretly crushing on him since year one, when he succesfully pranked professor Snape. Now you were in your seventh year and you had given up on actually trying. You were too nervous to ask him out so you just pined over him in secret.

You had only ever once had hope he liked you back. Last year during the yule ball. both of you had different dates, but he kept eyeing you from across the room, even complimented your dress. You pushed those memories away like it never happened, because obviously it didnt mean anything to him.

~

"L/N" you heard Fred yell as you ran up to the quidditch pitch. "Morning!" you yelled as everyone greeted you.

"Today we're going to do a friendly match to improve our team spirit, please team up so we can start." Angelina said. Making everyone excited.

You joined Harry and Katie and quickly a few others joined including George. You smiled shyly at him and he quickly looked away from you. you sighed as you talked to Harry, discussing a new strategy.

George watched you talk to Harry and refrained from chatting to his mates. he watched you laugh and butterflies erupted in his stomach. for fucks sake

George had liked you just as long as you've liked him. He was totally clueless when it came to you, his usually cocky personality turned into a nervous mess once he had to talk to you so he usually didn't. He had embarrassed himself lots of times in front of you before, and while he usually just laughed it off, he was afraid you might think he was just some dumb boy.

He always tried impressing you, but he never really tried getting your attention after the awkward staring during the Yule ball. He always regretted not asking you, but he was too affraid you'd say no. He didn't want the fantasy in his head to end.

the wind messed up your hair as you were flying over the pitch. George was staring at you. he loved watching you fly and couldn't help but get distracted everytime. The whole team knew he was into, you except you. Nobody knew you liked him back tho, you never told them.

you smiled as your teammate scored and abrubtly stopped in the air. "YES!" you yelled. George admired your smile, he loved seeing you happy. He didn't even notice the goal, let alone the bludger that was about to hit you that he should've knocked away.

"GEORGE GET YOUR HEAD BACK IN THE GAME!" Angelina yelled making him look around, he saw the bludger hit your head and knock you of your broom. he dived down to catch you and landed with your unconsious body in his arms. "She needs to get to the hospital!" He yelled. holding your face in his hands.

"And you need to get over yourself and that pathetic crush of yours and start paying attention to what's going on around you!" Angelina snapped at George "Look what you did now!"

He gulped and stroke your face. "I'll take her."

~

George felt incredibly guilty, seeing you in a hospital bed because of him. he sat down next to you and held your hand as a few friends came by to leave you cards or flowers. He never left the room for the whole day, so Fred brought him some dinner leftovers.

When he entered the room he was still by your bedside. Thinking about what Angelina had said. His crush was a little pathetic, he admitted, but he somehow couldn't help himself. He had been in love with you for years, how does one just get over that. He knew this being his last year at hogwarts, was the year he either had to make a move or forget about you.

He made a deal with himself. As soon as you woke up he'd ask you out, what was the worst that could happen?" My soul could by crushed

"Hey Georgie, anything happen yet?" Fred asked, putting the food he brought on your bedside table. "She hasnt woken up yet." George answered.

"You know I told you to knock her of her socks right? not her broom." Fred said. George sighed "Fred this is serious." he said.

"As are your feelings, it's been 6 years George." Fred said, when he noticed Georges eyes welling up he patted his brothers back. "She'll be allright."

"What if she hates me now?" George asked looking up at his twin.

"Of course she won't hate you, you've been by her side for the entire day." Fred stated, making George feel a little better.

"George I swear to god, ask her out will ya." George laughed. "If you ask Angelina out." he said. "hush, we're not talking about me here." Fred replied. George chuckled.

"Just make sure the next time she can't walk isn't because of a bludger." Fred added making George cough.

at that moment you finally woke up, suprised at what you heard fred say, you weren't sure who he was talking to, so you didn't open your eyes just yet. You felt someone holding your hand.

"Fred she's right here!" George whisper-shouted. "Good, it's time she knew how mad you are for her."

You opened your eyes to see George right in front of you. "George?" you asked. George widened his eyes and turned bright red within seconds. "D-did you hear all that then?" you nodded. "Bloody hell, Fred."

Fred was laughing his ass of right there next to his brother. you laughed along with him quietly while your head still hurt. "I'll leave you two alone." Fred said as he got up, grinning until he left the room.

"So....." You said as you watched George mortified expression. "Can you tell me what I'm doing in the hospital?" You asked.

George explained everything, about the bludger hitting your head and how he got distracted during the game, he apologized a million times.

You chuckled and squeezed his hand. it startled him as he forgot he was holding your hand.

You brought your hand up to his cheek. "Thank you for staying with me, that's the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me." You said, planting a kiss on his forehead. Georges knees went weak immediately

Madam Pomfrey walked in carrying some medicine. "Ah good you're finally awake." she said. walking over to you. "How are you feeling?" she asked. "I'm alright, just a bit of a headache." you said.

"I see you're still here George. You should get some sleep, visting hours are over." she said. she handed you a spoon "drink this, I think you'll be free to go tomorrow." she said. you nodded taking the medicine.

"I guess I'll go then" George said. Madam pomfreyy nodded. "you two lovebirds can see eachother tomorrow."

You both blushed as madam pomfrey walked over to fill her cabinets.

you motioned for George to come closer. "meet me here at 2 am, I want to thank you."

~

George's heart was beating in his chest as he made his way over to the hospital wing. everyone was asleep already and he made sure not to wake anyone up.

Sneaking into the hospital wing, he saw you reading by candlelight. You were all alone and luckily madam Pomfrey was nowhere to be found.

You looked up as you heard the door creak. You smiled as you motioned for him to come. He quietly closed the door.

"I'm glad you came." You said, your cheeks burning. you were really nervous about being alone with George. "come sit." you patted on your bed.

He sat down smiling. "how are you feeling?" he asked.

"Better." you replied, taking his hand. "hey, about what Fred said earlier."

George chuckled "I'm sorry about that." He said, squeezing your hand. "he's right tho, I like you... always have."

You didn't say anything as you felt your heart beating in your throath. "So I thought.... hogsmeade?"

You smiled and grabbed his face to kiss him. George immediately melted into the kiss, grabbing your waist. his lips were soft and the kiss was rough.

"is that a yes?" He asked, grinning.

"That's a yes weasley."