O | Fred // Wrong Weasley

Fred Weasley X Slytherin! reader.

Word count: 1133

Being the new student at a school came with some challenges. especially if you were a 5th year muggle born attending hogwarts and being put in Slytherin. The students weren't nice to you at all, you'd often get called names and you didn't have any friends in your house.

Sure some people were friendly to you, but they never let you sit with them. You didn't know alot of people outside of your house either, because you only just moved to England and everyone was close already.

You had one friend. George Weasley. George was a really nice 6th year Gryffindor that always managed to cheer you up. You'd laugh with him and meet up after curfew to hang out. You'd grown pretty close to the boy in a very short amount of time. Venting to him about the Slytherins, while he cheered you up with jokes.

You never bothered George when he was with his friends and barely ever saw him in the castle, because it was so big. You were always looking forward to seeing him at night, when you could actually talk.

You didn't know much about him, but your friendship felt strong and soon you'd come to eachother for advice on all sorts of things.

"I don't think she likes me." George said his face a bit gloomy. "I've tried getting her attention, but she's just always around her friends."

You put your hand on George's shoulder. "You just need to get her alone, then you can ask her to the ball thingy."

George nodded. "I just... I don't know I'm nervous." He said. "she's just so beautiful." He smiled to himself and you chuckled at the sight.

"someone's in loooovee" You said, making George shove you. "Yes I am."

"Well how much I would love listening to you talk about Angelina and your huge and totally not embarrassing crush on her, I have to get back to the Slytherin dorms, before they notice I'm missing." You said. George nodded, "you're right, we wouldn't wanna get detention."

George gave you a quick hug and you said goodnight.

The next morning you were running to your first class, you were late like almost always, but this time it was to potions and you were sure Snape would kill you if you showed up late again.

"please, please, please."

"Miss L/n" You heard snapes cold voice when you entered the classroom. "Sit down and be quick." He said, shutting the door with his wand.

You slid down at a table as a few students laughed at you. Snape told them to shut up and the laughter died down. He continued his lesson.

At the end of your first period you had a free one and you decided to just wander around the castle. That was until you saw George. You instantly felt better and you went over to hug him because you felt bad. Normally you wouldn't have, but you were on the verge of crying.

"Hey, I didn't think I'd see you here." you hugged him tightly and noticed he didn't hug back. You looked up at him, seeing a very confused expression.

"Weasley! are you coming?"

Someone shouted from afar. "Yea," He shouted back. He gave you one last look before runing off. "Who was that?" the guy asked.

"I literally have no idea."

Those words hit you like a dagger and you stood there, alone in the middle of the hallway. Watching your only friend take off without even saying hi.

-

That day you skipped all of your classes and sat by the lake. You had your lunch and dinner there and didn't leave the very uncomfortable tree you were sitting on all day.

"Y/n!" You suddenly heard George behind you. "I did it! I asked her out!"

George basically jumped you and hugged you tight. "I can't believe it, she actually said yes!"

You chuckled, seeing George so happy made you almost forget you were mad at him. "That's amazing George!"

He went on rambling about his day and you listened, still remembering the way he treated you this morning. You figured he just didn't want his friends to know about you, which you understood.

You were a Slytherin and a "mudblood" as some liked to call you. You couldn't blame George for being ashamed of you.

You talked for some more and decided not to bring up what happened that morning, but you did want to ask him one question. "George?" you asked.

"Yea?"

"Are you ashamed of me?" you asked. Your lip trembling.

George frowned, "of course not!" He said. "what makes you day that?"

uhm well this morning maybe.

"I was just curious, you never talk to me when you're with your friends." you said, fiddling with your fingers.

George hugged you, "Well we almost never run in to eachother, but if it bothers you I'll introduce you to my friends soon."

You nodded. "I'd like that."

-

You felt better the next day and while you still weren't feeling good enough to have breakfast in the great hall, you were on time for your classes today.

It was in the afternoon when you saw George sitting on a bench outside alone. "Hi!" you ran up to him and hugged.

"You'll never believe who was on time for her classes today." You chuckled, but noticed George looking weird again.

You sighed. "Honestly what is up with you, why are you acting so strange?"

George laughed. "Strange? you're the one who keeps hugging me out of nowhere?"

You frowned. "What are you talking about? We always hug." You said, annoyed by his weird behavior.

George raised his eyebrows. "I don't even know who you are, woman." He exclaimed.

You were furious. "How can you say that! I thought we were friends George!"

George laughed, his confused expression softening a bit. "You do know I'm not George right?"

"Stop being silly!"

"Didn't George tell you he has a more handsome twin brother?"

You huffed, "you're joking."

When you realized he was not, in fact joking, your cheeks turned pink.

"Let's start over shall we?" George... or... not George said. "I'm Fred, lovely to meet you." He stuck out his hand for you to take.

He had a huge grin on his face and chuckled at your embarrassment.  "I-I'm Y/n" You shook his hand softly.

"I'm so so sorry," You said.

"Don't worry about it, darling." He said. "I quite liked the attention."

A smirk formed on his face when he watched you blush. "I have to get to class, but I'll see you around Y/n." He said, grinning. "Feel free to hug me anytime." He added, giving you a wink.

You felt your heart beat faster and some butterflies errupting in your stomach. Your face turned even redder than you thought was possible.

"S-See you."

I am going to kill George.