O |George // He's Gone

George x Reader
requested by 1-800-ronismine

Lights were flashing everywhere. wounded people being brought in every second. You were determined to help as many of them as you could.

You didn't have time to think about the dead bodies that came in, your friends that had been murdered during the war. You and a couple of other people were attending to the wounded as best as you could.

You were exhausted, but you had to keep going, you couldn't stop now. the Adrenaline in your body was the onky thing keeping you going as you held another bleeding woman in your arms. Trying to tend to her wounds.

The flow of people was getting slower and you started feeling your thoughts slip to the people you couldn't save. Your hands were covered in blood and you tried to focuse on the next flow of people to come in.

Your thoughts were racing ordering a few people around to help smaller injuries. At the end of the group of people, a body was brought in.

It was Fred.

Percy was carrying him along with another wizard. He was crying, beggung someone to come help.

"No," You mumbled, rushing to his side. You instantly saw he was hit by a killing curse and there was no saving him.

"Help him! Please!" Percy shouted.

Molly recognised her son's voice and when she saw Fred she dropped everything to come over to her son. sobs escaping from her mouth.

You started sobbing aswell, holding Fred as the people around you came to look at you. You used some spells on him, but deep down you knew you couldn't help him.

"Y/n he's gone." Someone said. "Please Y/n, there's others that need he-"

"Please, just a moment!" You said, holding on to Molly who kneeled down next to Fred.

"I'm sorry, I knew he was your best friend."

You sobbed, "What if Georg-"

"Hey love!" George said, sitting down next to you on a beng in the courtyard. He pressed a kiss on your forehead.

"Something wrong?" He asked, when yoy didn't say anything. He then noticed the tears on your face. "Hey, what's going on baby."

You sobbed, holding on to your arm. "umbridge?" George asked. "let me see."

You shook your head. "No Georgie, please."

George sighed, pulling you into his side. "It's okay you can show me." He kissed your hand and then held it out, slowly removing your sleeve.

You sobbed, and George clenched his jaw.

"Did you clean it?" he asked. "It's deep." You noticed his anger right away.

You nodded, "I'll be fine. It's my last year anyway." you sighed. "I'm gonna miss you those last days."

George kissed your shoulder. "come with us." He said, but you shook your head.

"I have to finish school if I want to become a healer."

You kissed George's forehead, and then nuzzled your face into his neck. the stinging of your arm numbed down as he hummed a song to you.

Molly put a hand on your shoulder. "You mustn't think like that." You nodded, frowning deeply as you held on to Fred. "I can't help it."

The flow of people started to slow down. The other healers were managing without you right now so you sat with Molly and Percy, waiting to hear news about your husband and his family.

You were sat down in the great hall, ready for your N.E.W.T.s although you knew you'll never get to finish them today. Any minute now, your boyfriend and his twin brother could storm in.

Loud noises were heard in the hallway, you sighed, nerves washing over you. You knew they'd be leaving, but you didn't know in what kindoff trouble they could get.

Umbridge walked towards the door her shoes clacking on the floor. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked towards the door.

She opened the door and a flare went through, exploding in the middle of the great hall. It looked beautiful.

Seconds later, Fred and George both flew in, messing up all the papers and throwing fireworks around it was beautiful.

"Fuck I can't do this." you sobbed, "Where is George?"

You heard running in the hallway and people shouting. "It's over, he's dead." over and over again. Some people were cheering, but most were standing besides their dead or wounded lived ones.

relief washed over you, but you kept wondering were George was. He could be laying somewhere dead by now.

Ron and Hermoine came in, immediately noticing his mother and brother, curled over a body.

You zoned out, worrying about your husband, your heart beating faster and faster as more people came in, but George was nowhere to be found.

You were standing on the courtyard as you intently watched your boyfriend fly. He smiled at you a few times and you were proud he was finally fulfilling his dream.

You'd come to visit at the joke shop soon and you won't have to miss him for too long at least.

The fireworks in the air spelled out. "I Love You."

George dipped down and flew over to give you one last kiss. "It's just a few weeks, we'll see eachother again soon." He said, kissing you goodbye.

Your classmates cheered while he did, and the he pulled away and flew off with Fred.

"I'm gonna go look for him."

"You will do no such thing." Molly said. "You're not endangering yourself." She said, taking you into her arms. "You're staying right here and he will be here. He will be." She said.

More running was heard and you saw people running into the great hall. One of them your husband, followed by Arthur. "George!" You yelled. So did Molly. Arthur followed George into the great hall.

You shot up, running to your husband and throwing yourself into his arms. "I thought I lost you." You sobbed. squeezing him. "I'm here Y/n" He said, taking in your scent. He looked at the cuts on your face and hand.

"George." You started.

"What is it?" He asked, tensing up. He looked passed you, seeing Molly, Percy and Ron sitting over a body. "It's Fred.

"Freddie" George said, falling onto his knees. Arthur rushed over to Molly and held her in his arms as they both held Fred's hands.

George let out a sob and he fell into your arms. You held him tightly as he screamed. You held him to your chest as you sobbed, a flow of tears escaping your eyes. "I'm sorry, I- I couldn't save him."

"It's not your fault." George sniffled. your hands in his hair. "I love you."

"I love you too George."

The rest of the weasley family joined. Sitting down around Fred, everyone held eachother.

No one said anything, everyone felt the same pain. The war might be over, but there was no way anyone was feeling cheerful.

George was squeezing your hand. "He's gone." George said with a sob.

You didn't know what to say, but you squeezed his hand back, running your other hand through his hair softly. You heart hurting, seeing him like this.

"He's gone."