O | George // Going as friends

George weasley X fem!reader
word count: 1845

"George! Wait up!" You yelled, running through the corridors and getting a disaproving look from Snape.

George stopped in his tracks, happy to see you. "Hey N/N" he said, pulling you in for a hug.

"Wanna have lunch together?" you asked. looking up at him. "You just bolted through the school because you want to have lunch with me?" he replied.

"Why do you say that like it's something I haven't done before." You chuckled. "Where's Fred?"

"With Angie" He said, "I was looking for Lee"

You linked your arm through George's arm and walked into the great hall. "He's probably inside already. Look there he is with Fred and Angie!"

You both walked over to your friends, chuckling at the way Fred had his arm around Angelina. "Fred thinks that him having a date to the Yule ball somehow proves he's the more handsome twin." George said.

You laughed, "So you think you're the most handsome twin?" you asked him.

"Obviously." he said, running his hand through his hair.

"How come you don't have a date then?" You asked, making George roll his eyes. "I just don't know who to ask." he answered.

"I mean there's so many girls and I just never meet anyone I like being around." He chuckled. "Except for you of course but that's.... well you're you."

"ouch" You said, playfully punching his arm.

George chuckled. "I don't mean you're like.... well you know what I mean..." You looked at him, waiting for him to go on. "Like you'd want to go with me." He said. "Oh sweet Y/n, will you do me the pleasure of being my date to the ball." He bowed a little before bursting out in laughter.

"Well as a matter of fact I do." you replied. "I mean why not? we both don't have a date yet."

George looked at you, "really?" he asked. You nodded.

"well it's settled then." He fist bumped you, making you laugh.

"Very romantic, Weasley."

You both laughed as you walked over to the gryffindor table where Fred, Angie, Alicia and Lee were sat. "There you two are, George we've been thinking and since you don't have a date yet, maybe you can help us pull a prank o-"

You sighed, thinking George would immediately forget about your arrangement if it meant he could prank someone, but to your surprise, he stopped Fred.

"I'd love to Fred, but I actually do have a date." He said. "And I'm not gonna leave her all by herself."

You smiled shyly as you saw Fred frown. "What? since when?" he asked. "You got a date and you didn't tell us?" Alicia added.

George nodded and sat down, you sat next to him and grabbed some pumpkin juice. "So are you gonna tell us who it is?"

"Oh right yea. I'm going with Y/n"

Everyone turned their head towards you. "So you two finally realised?" Angie asked.

"Realised what?" I asked, taking a sip of my juice.

"That you two are madly in love with eachother." Lee said. Making Fred laugh. "Honestly it was about time." He added.

George shook his head. "No no, it's not like that. We're going as friends." He said.

"We're going as friends?" you asked, putting your glass down and looking at him. You ignored the shocked expressions on your friends faces.