𝐈𝐈

𝐈 wake up the next morning to the sun hitting my face. I groan and turn over in an attempt to hide myself from the suns searing rays, and reach over to grab my phone only to touch air. In confusion I sit up and search my surroundings for my phone and sigh in relief when I see it untouched on the kitchen counter. My sock adorned feet hit the cold surface of the floor as I make my way to the counter. Pouring myself a glass of water, I sit down and turn on my phone and then promptly spit my water out.

I splutter in shock as my eyes go wide while reading the new message I received. It was from the unknown number. The number I blocked last night. I view the message and goosebumps spread across my arms.

It was a photo of me sleeping. The scariest part was that it looked as if it was taken from inside the house. I jump up and go towards the front door to look for signs of forced entry and see none. But, then I remember how Micheal somehow had a copy of my keycard and let me into my room.

I go to leave to search for him and then stop and stare at my sleepwear fit and deicide not to have a repeat of last night. I take a quick shower and throw on a loose sweater, yoga pants, platform converse and some light makeup and let my hair air dry. I grab my phone, keys, wallet, and my keycard this time and make my way to the lobby.

I go to the main desk and see the receptionist, a old lady named Jules and wait for her to come up to me.

" Hi what can I do for you?" She asks while sitting down next to the computer.

" I was wondering if you could tell me which floor and room number Micheal Crist is on." I ask her flashing a sweet smile.

" I'm sorry are you family? I can't give information like that out." She replies looking up.

"No, but he's my boyfriend and I heard he brought a girl over last night. And, I just don't know what to believe." I say letting out a tear and a quiet sob.

"Oh you poor thing. I'll see what I can do but if anyone asks I said no." She says while quickly typing on her computer. I nod as she slips me a sheet of paper. "Here you go and I hope that it was just a rumor dear." She says.

I grab the paper and thank her before walking towards the elevator. I click the button for the twenty second floor and wait for the doors to open again. I go to his door and pause when I see that it's already open. I hesitate for a second before going in.

The Crist family was a very well known and wealthy family and it showed in the size of his penthouse. It was the only room on the whole floor and it was all his. I walk further into the hall and stare at the empty walls, and stop at a table. It's a small stand that has some photos. Surprisingly there's a photo of him smiling.

Feeling a set of eyes on me, I turn around still holding the frame. "I didn't know you could smile."

He flashes me a sarcastic grin and set his cold eyes on me. "I can and I do, but my sincerest apologies for not smiling while 3 of my friends were sent to prison."

I let out a low hum and place the picture down. "How did you know I was moving here and why do you have a keycard for my room?"

"I don't know what you mean."

"Yes you do, I saw you literally last night open my door with a keycard. Last time I checked each keycard is unique to the room."

"Maybe you imagined it." He says before leaning closer, "Just be fucking happy that I didn't leave you outside all night alone."

Not backing down I match his gaze and say, "I wouldn't be alone, an employee would come."

"You sure about that." He asks but it doesn't seem like a question.

"Yes."

"Well you can lock yourself out again and test your theory. I won't be there to save you. Oh, and before you do I'll give you a tip. The employees are gone at night."

I go to say something but get cut off by a crash in the distance. I try to peer around Micheals tall frame but see nothing. "What was that?" I ask.

"That would be my friends, I'm sure you've met." He says with a dark glint in his eyes.

I gulp and step back. "I think I'm going to go now. Don't try using that keycard again because it won't work."

I turn away from him and stop as I all too familiar face glares down at me. I unconsciously take a step back only to bump into a chest, I turn around to apologize but stop when someone grabs a lock of my hair. In every direction I was blocked in by walls. Only these walls were very real, and in this moment I wish I wasn't. I wish the floor would swallow me whole.

The first wall speaks and my eyes switch to his dark eyes. Blue meets piercing black, and the gaze of those eyes pierce to my heart. "Where do you think you're going?"

I go to speak but my mouth suddenly goes dry and my lips feel like bricks. Immobile, unmovable.

"Oh look, little Ember is finally speechless." He says feigning shock.

Ember. My middle name and the name Damon used to address me. The name my Damon used for me. I was once his and him mine, but that was a ship that crashed years ago and left me wounded still.

"Not speechless, just shocked." I finally mange to let out. I let out a gasp as the gentle hold on my hair turned harsh and pushes my head back.

"Easy there wouldn't want to cause damage. I mean she is a model after all." He says as the hold on my hair disappears.

I gently rub the area, feeling a headache coming. I try to keep my voice as steady as possible and say, "I'm just trying to leave, so do you mind moving? This model does have work to do."

Damon simply holds his hands up in surrender and nods to the boys as they step back and he follows. Turning to the side to let me pass. I go to leave but as my hand reaches the door handle I stop and turn around one more time to make sure I wasn't seeing things and the four Horsemen were really there. I shake my head and open the door and leave.