𝐗𝐕𝐈

Damons POV:

I watched my little Ember leave the cave. Her shoulders seemed stiff as if they carried a burden but her eyes were cloudy and vulnerable. I wanted to go after her, to yell at her and wonder if my words would register in her mind. To curse her mere existence for the hell it brought upon mine.

Her lips that pulled in a smirk and seemed all knowing, I wanted to kiss, and to fall into the eclipse of her.

But I didn't and I let her walk away this time. I turned to Kai who seemed so fond of my nickname for Madison that he used it too. His eyes seemed unaware of my stare as his bored into Madisons back that grew smaller as she walked.

I wouldn't say I loved my fellow Horsemen but I would kill for them if needed. I didn't mind protecting them either as we are close. But love? No. Thats a joke.

Loving a person just leads to a loss and in my opinion is a fatal flaw. Love is like lust with ethics. Its an excuse that people use for their actions. If love and hope really could save the world, why could it not even save a person begging to be released from a vicious hold covered up by love.

I love danger, driving fast, and fighting. But what? If I hit some ones car on purpose am I going to cover it up with love? No its simple, I'm just a asshole. The same is when handling a heart. You break a chicks heart in the name of love, no your just weak.

What I do agree with is that all is fair in love and war. They might seem different but they both harbor chaos and no matter how much of a juxtaposition they are, they both are led by a lack of rules and emotion filled frenzy.

The early years of my life were filled of horror led in the name of love, but now so much awaits to this unsuspecting world as I began to fill it with horror in the name of war in revenge.

If I am Hades than consider Madison my Persephone. And may the mortal god help those who dare come for my Queen.

I hear footsteps and turn my head to the entrance again to see little Rika Fane walking in. Obviously not listening to Ember's warning. Rika will never learn from this. People never learn until they get hurt.

It doesn't take long for me to get nauseous from Rikas obvious flirting with Micheal. God Micheal needs to learn not to eat off the community plate. Maybe all the basketballs he's taken to the head over the years has made him slow to understanding. My main focus might not be on Rika but that doesn't mean Micheal can control every step surrounding her. Rikas and Madisons actions might have hurt us all in some way but Micheal does not get to play boss. Not when he didn't suffer.

I walk away after a while of teasing because I felt that if I stayed, I would actually puke. My feet feel cold in my shoes as cool night air breeze flows over my damp state. It doesn't take long for my eyes to find Ember. She's swaying with the wind as her head nods to the music. I lean in the corner of the room watching her. I could never get tired of watching her.

Its clear thats she's oblivious to me staring at her as her hips move with the rhythm of the music.

Lost in my thoughts, I don't notice her slipping out of the room. I look around the room and don't see her but my eyes stop at the open door. I take my exit and there she is, leaning against a rock with her eyes staring up at the night sky.

She looks so innocent...

How is it that the same person who was the cause of my life being hell for three years is the same person who's smile can light up a whole room.

My smile turns into a frown as I see her lift up the bottle tucked at her side and take a sip. How could she be so careless to get this inebriated. Anything could have happened to her with these drunken degenerates around her. Looks like I need to teach her a lesson about this.

I take a couple steps towards her and say, "I think you've had enough."

Her eyes open up and stare at me. "You don't know what I think." She says while slurring and struggling to get up.

I roll my eyes and help her up and keep a hand around her arm incase she decides to fall down.

"You know what I think?" She mumbles while sniffling.

I hums in response, already getting bored.

"I'm so tired. Of this. Of you." She says as a tear falls.

I watch in wonder as the tear trickles down her cheek. "You know you'll never be tired of me." I say while wiping her tear. Not being able to stop myself.

It seems like its just us in this moment. The moon shining above us, and the breeze surrounding us.

"Why are you doing this Damon?" My little Ember asks.

I sigh and reach my hand to graze her cheek and say, "You already asked me that."

That was obviously not the reply she wanted because she starts getting hysterical. Its so weird, I barely did anything yet. Odd.

Her small frame shakes in anger as she sobs out,"I just want to go home. I'm tired, so fucking tired and I just want Salem back."

Tears stream down her face as she shakes the bottle in anger.

As my brain tells me to wipe her tears away, she shakily wipes them away herself.

She's to drunk and emotional so I try to pry the bottle away from her hand, but she doesn't let go. Just as I am about to pull my hand away, she drops the bottle and it breaks from the rock.

Wow look at her making a mess. I go to make a sarcastic remark but stop as pain flashes on her face. My eyes study hers and I look down to see blood oozing out of a small cut on her foot.

She screams out in pain as she moves her foot only to cut herself again. I mean its not like its hard, she's wearing a open shoe. She lets a string of curses flow to my amusement and tries to limp away.

Dumb move.

I shake my head before looking back at her and say, "This is why you should've given me the bottle. You're already drunk."

Of course she doesn't let me have the last word and says,"Not drunk enough."

I shake my head in disapproval. This could have gotten a lot worse.

I shove her away from the glass quickly and lift her up in my arms. Her mouth opens in shock but I don't give her time to gather her words as I began walking towards the car.

Thankfully she doesn't say anything as she holds onto me like a good girl with her eyes startting to shut.

She trusts me a little too much and should know better to fall asleep in my arms. But, I don't bother her as the house behind me turns smaller with each step.

----------

Hi! I'm back!!! How are you lovely people and how was your Easter? (if you celebrate!)

Thank you so much for reading and please vote and comment!

🎀 (Don't be a silent reader)  🎀

Thank you again! 💌