𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

My heart beats rapidly in my chest as goosebumps cover my skin. I couldn't mask my emotions anymore as I stare at Damon in fear. A small part of me reasons that Damon is bluffing and that I should just call his bluff. The realistic part of me on the other hand, disagrees and is flashing red warning signs in my mind that danger is near. The same part who knows Damon and just how dangerous he can be.

It was like Damon had a built in kill switch in him that shut off his emotions and allowed him to bask and thrive in every part that made him wild, vicious, and reckless. I wasn't ever really afraid of Damon hurting me, but a part of me always feared him because I knew what he was capable of doing. The things he could to the people I loved just so he could make sure I was his. That I would always remain his.

I knew better than to make a big scene and call attention so I slowly sat back in my seat. I could feel the pressure of anxiety weighing down on my chest as it suddenly felt like my heart was going a mile a minute and my mind was going into overload. What does he want with me and what does Rika and her mom have to do with this?

"Your bluffing. Why would you go after Rika's mother and what does she have to do with this?" I ask him, finally mustering up the courage and words.

"What doesn't the bitch and her slut of a mother have to do with this?" He replies darkly.

I flinch at his tone. Even his whispered speech carried the strength of his anger and the burden of the poison that dripped from his every word.

"Why not go after my mother? Its me you have a problem with." I say trying to get the attention off of Rika. I needed to figure out if his threat was empty or if he was serious.

"If I wanted to ruin you, I could do that easily by just stepping a foot back into your world." He says while leaning close to my ear. I could feel his warm breath on my ear as he gripped the nape of my neck. "And that is just the thing. You would let me." He says before pulling back, "Her mother is all poor Rika has left. You think Rika would be able to handle losing what's left of her family?"

My eyes harden as I stare at Damon. "Why are you doing this?" I ask.

"Don't act stupid. Rika was never apart of the group. Bitch got a taste of freedom and bit off more than she could chew. Her fault for dragging more people in to get hurt." He says, looking right at me as he says the last sentence.

What does that even mean?

"Wait. Rikas mom is supposed to be on a cruise around Europe for a month. Unless you have a titanic move in mind there is nothing you could possible do to her." I say starting to relax, remembering what Rika told me.

"Is she?" He says.

I stare at him confused, "What?"

He lets out a dark chuckle before grinning like a psychopath, "I said is she? Is Rikas mom actually on that cruise? Let me guess, Rika got a text from her mother saying she was going on a cruise with Mrs. Crist. Right?"

My eyes widen. How did he know that?

"No, no." I say denying the possibility that it was him texting Rika and not her mother.

Damon doesn't respond, but the smirk on his face is enough to have me second guessing everything.

What happened to him? Years in jail should've gave him the sense to disappear. Not to come back worse.

He was out for revenge and something told me he wasn't alone.

"Is Will here? Or is it Kai? I'm guessing Micheal is to pussy to come because he can't control himself around Rika." I say. He wants to play this game. Fine. Time to fight fire with fire.