𝐕𝐈𝐈

𝐎𝐇 MY FUCKING GOD! I groan as the alarm on my phone blares.

I don't even know why it's on since I don't have work today so it basically ruined my sleep for no fucking reason. Great.

I groan as I slowly get out of bed only to be horrified by my messy hair in the mirror. I quickly get ready and brush my teeth and put some makeup on before leaving to make some breakfast. I check my phone and sigh in relief when I see no text. I quickly eat my bagel to sooth the hunger in my stomach. The house was eerily quiet this morning, too quiet. I call Salems name since I don't hear her walking around. When I don't get a response back I stand up in confusion and go to check her bowl to see its empty. She had her food but where is she?

I check all the rooms and call Salems name out in worry, "Salem?! Where are you?"

She is usually already up and in my room by the time I wake up, so this is very unusual and I was getting really worried.

I quickly grab my phone and call the front desk to ask if anyone reported a cat roaming the halls. When the lady responds with a no my heart drops and I struggle not to cry as I end the call.

I throw my phone on the couch angrily and rub my face with my hands. Salem has been with me since I left my parents house and is the light of my life. I can't lose her, I'd lose a part of myself.

I try calling Rika incase she came by and saw Salem but her phone is off. I don't know what to do and at this point I'm a mess. I have tears falling like waterfalls down my cheeks and my mascara is smeared from all the rubbing I did to my eyes.

I get up and start pacing around as anxiety and fear bubbles in my chest. I feel sick and helpless, a way I haven't felt in a while.

I grab my phone and try calling Rika again, putting my phone on speaker begging her to pick up.

"Come on, come on, pick up, pick up, please fucking pick up, please." I murmur, running my hands through my hair.

"Please," I whisper as a silent prayer before my tears fall and her voicemail hollowly answers my pleas.

"Fuck!" I yell ending the call.

However she got out, she left while I was asleep because her bowl was already empty when I woke up. There was one more person I could ask.

Micheal.

No, I can't. I won't. But I have to try. He let me in that day maybe he was strolling around and came across Salem. Knowing him he wouldn't just call me to let me know, he would wait for me to come to him.

Great I have to swallow my ego, pride, and fear to stroll up to his door to ask. Of course in his narrow hard as a rock mind I wouldn't be asking him, it would be begging. Something that would easily fuel his macho man persona.

I grab my keys and my phone before leaving to reach his door. Stepping off the elevator I reach his door and stop.

"God fuck me," I say before knocking on the door.

It doesn't take long for the door to swing open and a tall frame to hover over mine.

"Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in." He says before moving to the side to let me in.
"Why are you here Madison." He asks but it isn't a question. He knows, they know, but I don't. It's hard to read someone when their darks eyes bore into yours and you can feel the sea of hate swirling in their eyes. Begging you to come near so they can brutally drown you in the sea.

I lick my suddenly dry lips and ask, "Have you seen Salem?"

"The witch trials? Yeah I've seen them, never got the chance to visit there though. Heard it's beautiful this time." He says with a bored tone.

Bet the women who were burned would think differently I mutter. "Cut the bullshit Will. My cat, Salem. Have you seen her?"

"Black cat with adorable eyes? Maybe I did, maybe I didn't."

He's not going to make this easy is he? I go towards the door to leave only for him to block it.

"Hey, where are you running off too. Come one sit down, let's talk. Didn't you miss me?" He says while gesturing to a chair behind me.

"I'm to tired to deal with your shit right now. Either help me, or let me go."

"Let you go? I've only just got you, come on sit down."

"No, what the fuck! Let me go." I say struggling as he grabs a hold of my arms to hold me in place.

"Sit down in the chair Madison." He says one more time but it's no longer a request. "Don't make this harder."

"Harder? And what, this is the easy way?" I ask angrily still struggling as I stare in his eyes. They are hard but he looks almost sorry? Sorry for
me. But for what?

I stop struggling and let him basically haul my ass to the chair. Me being dramatic, I let out a big huff as I sit down.

"There, now that wasn't so hard. Was it?" He asks with a smile.

"I'm sat, now what the fuck do you want."

"I want you to be patient. I know I have been very patient." He says.

Tired of his hidden analogies I get up to leave but a voice stops me in place.

"Sit down Ember."

It's a deep voice that sends chills down my spine. It's a hate filled tone belonging to a person I know all too well.

(TW warning)

Me being apparently suicidal and letting my anger issues take over I don't listen.

(over)

Instead I get right up and turn around. "No, now where's my fucking cat."

🤭 Enjoy!!!!

Please comment and vote!!!

Also please tell me someone got the cat dragged in joke and the all too well reference.

Love you guys !! Update tmr 😘