𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

Light hits my face and I groan, trying to hide my face under the blanket but not finding it. I open my eyes slightly and squint while peering down at the floor. My blanket was in a neat pile on the floor. Great. 

My head was pounding and I was clearly hungover. I felt like I drank the room and knowing how upset I was, I probably did. I slowly sit up on the bed and wear my slippers before getting ready for a nice shower. I grab the necessities and place them in the bathroom before looking at my reflection. My hair was a mess and I looked tired. 

I brushed my hair to untangle it and brushed my teeth to help wake me up. I quickly jumped in the cold shower and as the water covered my body, memories of last night filled my mind. Being in that cave with him, being alone with him all night. 

He followed through with the deal and gave Salem back but why did he carry me to the car? Why did he care? 

As my mind filled with questions, a memory surfaced. 

"Its just a game." Damon says with a smirk.

All this was just some fucked up game he was playing, and hurting me seemed to be the theme.

I shut off the water after finishing my shower and wrapped myself with a towel. I quickly did my skin care and some light makeup before throwing on my clothes. A full sleeve off the shoulder top and some flared leggings. 

I stared at my reflection in the mirror and hardened my eyes with determination.  If this was a game, then I would just have to get better and beat him. Like he said no rules, just danger. 

"Its just a game." I whispered to myself. 

I shut off the bathroom light and walked back into my room to organize my bed. I expected Salem to be on her little bed thats on the floor. But she was gone.

"No, no, no. Not again." I whisper to myself in fear. I search around the room before staring at bedroom door. It was closed but it was not locked anymore. I breath shakily as my eyes shift between the door and the side of my bed. I quickly lean down and grab the kitchen knife I kept in my room for protection. 

My steps towards the door are quiet as I took off my slippers and only had my socks on. I slowly turn the door handle and quietly step into the living room area. I let out a breath of relief as I see Salem very much alive and roaming around. Maybe I had forgotten to lock the door and left it a little open in my sleepy drunken state. I place the knife on the table by me and walk towards Salem and rub her fur softly. I place a tiny kiss on her head before pouring in her food. 

I step back and watch her for a second to really sink in thats she's here, and she's safe. As I go to turn around I stop as something cool is pressed against my neck. My heart sinks to my stomach as fear fills me. The knife was gone from the table and is now being pressed against my neck. And fuck was it a big knife. 

This was bad. Very bad. 

"What do you want?" I try to say with a steady voice. 

I don't get a response as the person just pushes the knife further in my neck. Not enough for it to draw blood, but enough for it to hurt. I wince at the pressure of the cold knife and take in a deep breath. Suddenly, a familiar smell fills my nose. Damon. 

Damons perfume fills my nose with our close proximity. 

"Damon." I say with a little tremor in my voice. 

I hear a hum in response. "You shouldn't leave a big knife lying around. Imagine if someone just sneaks up on you." He says. 

I could almost hear his smirk and I could definitely picture it.