black lake

7:03 pm
The black lake
Your pov

A fog forms over the horizon of the lake. It's a warm summer night. The sun begins setting amongst the skyline. An array of bright colors appear in the sky, shining through the foggy clouds.

Me and Draco are sitting against a tree, his arms wrapped around my body, keeping me close to his side. My head is rested on his shoulder. My knees are up by my body, while his are stretched out. Our hands intertwined as he rubs his thumb back and forth.

I try and take in this moment as much as possible  before we leave Hogwarts for the summer.

I try to picture every detail in my mind. The smell of his strong cologne, his minty breath, his cold hands, the way his eyes sparkle as he looks at the view. The multitude of colors in the setting sky, slowly being covered by grey fog, and the bright orange sun drifting away.

It's all so perfect.

I don't want to leave him, my day-to-day life won't be the same without him. We are always together, no matter what.

Though summer is only two months, it'll feel like a lifetime without Draco by my side.

My family lives in the muggle world, and Draco lives in the Wizard world. We are very different, yet so alike.

My eyes begin to swell as tears slowly fall down my cheeks. Draco lifts my head up to face him.

He looks at me in a comforting way, "We will be together again before you know it, my angel."

He plants a kiss on my forehead and smiles down at me.

He's right. We will be together again soon.

I can't help but think how lucky I am to have him.