necklace

1:47 pm
The Great Hall
Your pov:

"Y/n?" Hermione asks.

I look up at her from my book, "Yes?" I ask back. She has a concerned look upon her face.

"Can I ask you something?" She trails on.

"Of course." I say eager to know what's on her mind.

She raises her eyebrow and begins to speak, "Isn't that Draco's necklace? I mean haven't you guys been broken up for a month now?"

I notice I've been playing with it for quite some time, my fingers feel numb and I'm flushed with an overwhelming sense of sadness.

"Yeah but it's just a necklace, isn't it?" I say defensively. I love it too much to take it off.

The boys have been listening in on our conversation, "Don't you think it's time for a new one? We know it makes you sad when you notice it." Ron says.

I consider what he's saying. He's right. It does my me upset whenever I see it, all the memories of us come flooding back. Though it'd hurt too much to let go of it.

My eyes begin to water but I try and not let myself break down. Not here, not now. "I guess you guys are right." I say back trying to make us all feel better.

That's a lie, make them feel better. So I take the necklace off with some struggle of not wanting to let go of the past. I place it in my palm and then tuck it into my pocket.

"We will get you a new one." Harry says throwing a smile at me to make me feel better.

Hermione's face falls flat, "Um- behind you y/n."

I turn around hesitantly and Draco's standing there in shock. He knows exactly what I just did. He knows I'm finally trying to let go of our past. He looks heartbroken. His eyes are puffy and teary.

I watch him as he turns around and runs out the room. He doesn't look back for one second. He just keeps running.

"Weren't you able to warn me before I took it off?" I yell standing up and running after Draco.

I finally catch up to him in time, "Draco please wait!" I yell.

He disappears into a corridor.

I try following him, "Please Draco we need to talk." I say.

I find him crying up against a wall, "Draco I'm sorry." I say almost in tears myself.

"Leave." He says sternly.

"I want to talk about this, about us!" I beg.

He looks at me as tears slowly stroll down his cheeks. All I see in his eyes are our memories we made.

I can't help but go up to him and wipe his tears away, I rub my thumb up against his delicate face to clean the sadness off.

"I still love you y/n. I do." He says trying not to break down.

"And I still love you." I tell him.