he's always talking about you

6:25 pm
Malfoy Manner
Your pov

We suddenly arrive in front of Malfoy Manner.

My parents best friends home. Nope. Mansion.

Yet it's seemingly my least favorite place to be.

Don't get me wrong, the Malfoy's are welcoming people, or at least Narcissa is. Though going there is mostly dreadful.

The dinners are usually long and only contain my parents, Lucius, and Narcissa's conversations while me and Draco sit in silence. I always try to make a conversation with him but he rarely participates.

We arrive to their beautiful front door. My father knocks and we are then greeted by Lucius and Narcissa.

"Welcome, y/l/n family! How we missed you guys dearly." Narcissa says, letting us in with a warm smile.

We all make our way to their lovely dining room where Draco is already sitting looking uninterested.

He keeps his head down while my family says hello. He responds with a weak "hello" back.

Dinner begins and it's the same procedure as usual. I'm sat staring at my food, eating slowly to pass time.

"So, y/n! Does a gorgeous girl like you have a boyfriend yet?" Narcissa asks drawing the attention to me and breaking conversation with my parents.

I am caught off guard by her question as I never really get included. "N-no ma'am. I don't." I smile.

"Well he'd be a lucky guy!" She says.

"Thank you." I say back to her. That comment makes me feel good.

She continues, "You know you can always hang out with Draco. He's always talking about you." She winks over at Draco who's face is suddenly all shades of red.

"Mother!" He yells out to her.

Narcissa rolls her eyes at him, "Oh hush, Draco. It's true! You are always wanting to know when she'll be here next."

I am in utter shock. The boy who never talks to my face is always talking about me behind my back. Apparently in a good way too.

I look over at Draco and he's completely embarrassed. His eyes are locked staring at his plate. He shakes his head in disbelief of what his mother just said.

I can't help but laugh at it all, who would've thought this would ever be a conversation that would come about.

Draco quickly looks up at me, he lets out a sigh of relief and throws a quick smile at me.

Something he's never done before.