Chapter 6

We were now in the car driving, taking turns playing music on the aux

We were now in the car driving, taking turns playing music on the aux. talking amongst ourselves. "Here amethyst, its your turn to take control of the aux now" Venus said as she passed me the phone. I decided to play one of my favorite songs at the moment Head above the water- Palace.

"So amethyst will you ever tell us why your on house arrest, because I'm really curious you don't seem like the type of person to commit a bad crime" Venus said. "Yea, I agree" sonny said as well. "See thats the thing, i didn't commit a crime i was set up by the people i once had a lot of love for." I said.

"Did you tell the judge that you were set up?" Venus asked. "No" i replied. "Why though?" Sonny asked me. "Because, when" i sighed before talking again. "Because, before i came here i was in a relationship with a guy someone i loved with my whole heart, he was my everything he was the only reason i was still living.-

And its like even though he was one of the people who betrayed me, i made a promise to him that i will forever be there when things got tough meaning that if anything were to happen where i had to take the blame i would do it. I was stupid to think that he also would have kept his side of the promise. But he didn't, and now I'm here holding onto regret because i was so blinded by a one sided love relationship that i forgot who i was." I said.

I heard sniffling coming from the backseat where Venus was. "Venus are you crying?" I asked. "YeS that is so sad, LiKe i haven't known you for a day but for the little bit of time i have, you de- DeSeRvE so much better than that." She said as she kept crying. I chuckled a little before taking off my seatbelt and giving her a hug.

"Thank you Venus, now wipe those tears there is no need to cry." I said as I sat back down in my seat putting my seatbelt back on. Sonny finally spoke, "that was some deep shit that you said, love really can make us change in ways we thought we couldn't, but one thing i will tell you is that, i see a lot of potential in you, even more than that. But you have to get this case reopened and tell them what actually happened." He said as he looked over at me. While Venus was still sobbing in the back seat.

"I mean I thought about that, the case isn't even closed its just pending right now until i have another court date, but I would feel guilty if i were to snitch on him not only him but my ex best friend someone i had a lot of love for too." I said. "I get that, but amethyst think about it, just like you said this was a one love sided relationship which means he never cared about you, don't let him or your ex best friend think they have so much power over you,-

you don't need them anymore when you now have the superior friend group which is obviously me and Venus. And since he couldn't keep his promise, you shouldn't neither. There is love all around, you don't need to be in a relationship to feel loved. So again all I'm saying is i really think/know that you should reopen this case, speak your truth don't let the truth speak for you." He said to me.

" damn, i guess i really did need this conversation, maybe you are right and i should reopen the case, but before i do that i have to be able to prove myself i cant just speak in words. So once i get enough evidence then maybe i might reopen the case." I said. "YEA THATS WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR" sonny said screaming as we pulled up to our location. Me and Venus laughed. "Wait we can go in there" Venus asked me. "Yea i think, this place ghetto anyways, i really don't think they care just as long as we don't cause problems were good." I replied.