Part 4

***Sam's POV***

While waiting for San to come out, I suddenly receive a call from home.

"Hello?"

"Sam, we are leaving today to celebrate your brother's birthday okay? We'll be gone for three days."

"3 days?"

"Yes. Just make sure the house is clean and organized. I'm sure you can do that. Since... you're always at work anyways."

"Ah... yeah. Will do." I answer in a monotone.

"Okay. We'll go now."

Then I hear my little brother calling out my name through the phone. "Can I talk to Chan?" I hear my mother pass the phone to my little brother. "Chan?"

"Noona, why aren't you coming with us?"

"I'm sorry..."

"Stop working too much." He whines

Oh Chan. If you only know that your sister have no idea that you are all going on vacation. They never told me. They never tell me anything actually. They go everything without me, excluding me to all plans and trips. I am only present for my little brother's birthday celebration when he requested for me to buy him cake last year. I was just lucky. Their flight is the day after his birthday so, they were still at home when I got back from work.

"Next year, I'll try." I whisper

"Okay, now.. Channie. Let's go..." I hear mother. She takes the phone from him and hangs up.

It hurts. I am tearing up. Why are they like this to me? What did I do?

I make my way out of the house, wanting to catch them before they leave our house. But when I got out of the gate of San's house, I suddenly paused. If I show up at home and Chan sees me crying or sad because he's going on a vacation without me then it will ruin his birthday. He's still a child. I don't want him to know and learn whatever I am feeling or what's my actual relationship with our parents. I don't want to scar him like that.

But it hurts. It hurts to be a part of the family that doesn't really treat you like one.

I wipe my tears away, terrified that someone might see me. I have to be okay. I have to me, normal. I have to accept it already. Its been years for fucks sake.

"Open the garage door!" I hear San's voice. He sounds like he's in a hurry. He must've been looking for me.

I take a deep breathe to straighten out my thoughts and try to look fine.

"Sam!"

"Yes...? Something happened?" I ask

He runs and jumps to hug me. He's so worried for me. I can feel him body shake a little. His breathing is heavy and the way his arms tightens his grip on me.

Oh Sannie, I'm sorry for making you worry.

I can't let him know what just happened to me. He can't know that side of me yet. No. Please. We just had a little misunderstanding earlier and I can't let him know the drama in my life like that yet. Even though he might have an idea after visiting my house a few times now. But, there are more than just being cold and civil.

So, I lied to him. I told him that my brother is just asking for a burger meal. That's all. Nothing more.

"I'll get you home now..." he says as he intertwined his fingers with mine. His hands are so warm, so welcoming and perfectly fits mine.

I am so greatful that I met him. Since I knew him, my life, is starting to have a hint of light in it. Before I am just a wallflower existing behind everyone's life. Just a nobody especially in my family. So I am not used to someone caring, understanding, making time and loving me like what San is going to me. He makes me feel that I do exist.