Part 5

The following day, Sam is waken up by the cold breeze coming in the open balcony door. The light curtain is dancing with every blow of the wind.

She turns to the other side and sees an empty space and pillow beside her. She lifts her head and looks around to see him but San is nowhere to be seen in his room. She calls his name twice. No answer.

Sighing heavily, she falls back to bed and stare at the ceiling. "Where are you?" She mumbles to herself. Raising then her hand left hand and admire the diamond placed on her ring finger. "I'm... engaged..." she says it like she can't believe it. "with Sannie..."

Finally smiling, Sam puts her hands on her chest and celebrate by hugging herself. She is happy. Yes. She had a breakdown last night because of her emotions and feelings for her family but despite that, San, still asked her to be with him forever. San, the guy who makes her feel welcomed and at home even with just his warm hugs and kisses. She knows she's still not yet 100% okay emotionally but she can't help but feel happy.

"Good morning, Ms. Sam." Two maids enters the room. One is carrying a tray of food and one is holding fresh clothes. "Sir told us to make you breakfast and bring you clothes..." one says

Sam gets up from the bed and fixes her bed hair. "Thank you... ahm... where is he? Sannie?"

"He left early for work today... there was a sudden call..."

"Work..." she pouts, "I thought we agreed to not go to work today to celebrate..." she mumbles to herself.

"Ahm, Ms. Sam... also..." the maid places the food on the table. "Mr. and Mrs. Choi will be coming today... to meet you."

"W-what? Why?"

"They usually drops by here at the house when they have free time just to check in the house and see how's everyone here. They visit even Sir San is not around."

"They do?" Sam runs her fingers through her hair. "But... I'm here... ahm... will they get... mad?"

She frowns. "No, Miss. Why would the be mad? You are Sir's girlfriend..."

Exhaling nervously. "Should I do anything? To welcome them?"

"Don't worry. Everything is all set. We've done it all. You just have to relax and get dress... so you can have meet them."

"Ahm.. okay.... thank you." Sam then hugs her knees. "What time will they arrive?"

"They said they'll be here by lunch."

"Okay... thank you again."

***

Sam welcomes San's parents. She's wearing the floral strapped dress the maids brought her this morning. She paired it with a cardigan coz she feels a little chilly since this morning.

 She paired it with a cardigan coz she feels a little chilly since this morning

"Darling..." Mrs. Choi hugs her and kisses her on both cheeks. "I'm so happy to hear the good news!"

"Ahm... y-you know already?"