The King Of Blood And Darkness

That afternoon, after the school has closed, Peter came to the locker's corridor crowded by uncountable number of students. He sighed nervously as everyone there stopped what they were doing and stared at him reminding him of how the principal had suspended him for two weeks for thrashing two guards, and also for talking trash at him the way he did in front of everyone. He stopped in his tracks unable to continue towards his locker due to the way everyone was staring at him. Suddenly, Simon and the rest of the clique came to him shortly before everyone in the corridor began to hail his name for his bravery earlier. His mood suddenly changed from bad to good all of a sudden due to the way they were praising him now, not to mention, they already knew he has been suspended.
     "You're a hero, dude", Jake said, in excitement, after moving closer to Peter.
     "A suspended hero who is so lucky to have friends like you folks. Thanks a lot for what you have done back there", Peter said, feeling grateful.
     "Don't mention it. That's what friends are meant for, dude", Oliver said, softly, before he and the others escorted him to his locker.
     Oskar and his clique were standing near one of the school's buildings staring at Peter as he headed towards the gates as everyone hailed his name, making him feel better. After what he had done they thought the principal would boot him out for good instead, he just got suspended for two weeks as a punishment for assaulting two security guards doing their job.
     Ruth glared at Peter in intense hatred towards him for even thinking that he can steal her away from Oskar whom she loves and cares about so much even though, the supernatural law has prohibited their union due to the fact that they were not of the same species; she is a sorceress and he is a werewolf.
     "What are we going to do now?", Sophie asked, looking at Oskar.
     "I'll just kill him", Oskar said, in a fit of rage.
     Ruth and the others all swung a look at the werewolf with anger issues who sometimes allow his anger to take control of him. They wondered if he has forgotten about the supernatural law that forbidden supernatural beings from taking the life of humans or other supernatural beings without any good reason or permission from their superiors.
     "You're kidding right?", John asked, in a chuckle.
     "Do I look like am kidding?", Oskar asked, in a stern voice.
     "You can't just kill the guy just like that. He is not a threat", John said, seriously.
     "He's a threat to me, dumb ass. He wants my girl for himself", Oskar said, angrily.
     "What would you do if someone tries to snatch me away?", Josefa asked, looking at her boyfriend warily.
     "I will do whatever it takes to stop him but I will never take his life", John said, boldly.
     Oskar swung a wonky look at John before he took off with Ruth and the others, leaving Josefa there beside her beloved lover whom she loves so much due to his tender heart. She smiled at him triumphantly as she clutched his hand in hers tenderly.
     Jessica was standing outside the school on the sidewalk waiting for a cab that would take her back home since her Mum won't be able to come, due to the nature of her work and her Dad is already out of town for the time being. Suddenly, her older brother joined her on the sidewalk looking a bit nervous and sad, but she just gave him a disdain look and then moved away from him a good ten feet.
     Peter sighed nervously as he felt bad for himself about what he has done. He now realized how his sister cares about his well being but he kept taking her for granted. He moved closer to her willing to apologize for everything he has done to upset her from the start, but before he could say a word she moved away from him and then swung a wonky look at him.
     "I am not going to hurt you, Jessica. You're my sister. I will never hurt you", Peter said, trying to convince her.
     "You already did, so stay away from me", Jessica said, in a stern voice.
     "Look... I'm so sorry for what I have done earlier. I know what I did was the reason why you are so mad at me",  Peter said, tenderly.
     "It's not me you should worry about", Jessica said, without looking at him.
     Peter stood there staring at Jessica as a cab pulled over and she got in shortly before it pulled away. He processed what she has said for a moment and then suddenly recalled his Dad threatening to send him to the military school if he ever misbehave again. At that moment, he began to rub his head with both hands reminding himself what would happen to him whenever his dad return home.
     "Damn!", Peter said, in a fit of anger.
     On the spur of the moment, Simon, Jake, Oliver and Carla pulled over right at where Peter was standing looking disturbed and angry for what's going to happen to him. Oliver who was sitting at the front seat with Simon got out of the black BMW wondering why Peter is still upset about the suspension not to mention, he had promised him that he will talk to his uncle about it.
     "Dude, are you okay?", Oliver asked, curiously.
     "Do I look okay? my sister is mad at me and it's clear that she will never talk to me again. My father on the other hand threatened to send me away to the military school for good if I ever screw up again and I screwed up again", Peter said, feeling angry with himself.
     Oliver stood there processing what Peter has said and he obviously seemed to pity him so much. He glanced back to the others in the car who felt bad for Peter as well. He turned back to him as the thought of telling him about the supernatural world he is not aware of that might change his life forever.
     "Come with us, we need to show you something", Oliver said, with a sigh.
     "I'm not in the mood for anything, man", Peter said, seriously.
     Oliver moved closer to Peter as he wondered how he would react when he learned that there are supernatural creatures in the same school he and his sister were attending and some of these creatures are a great threat to humanity in general. He grinned widely seeing the images of him training Peter to be one of the most prominent hunters like his own father. He realized that the only way to change his uncle's mind and to prevent Peter's dad from sending him away is if he expose the supernatural world to him for his own good even though, that's reckless and dangerous.
     "What's funny?", Peter asked, puzzled.
     "If you wish to know about the supernatural world you and everyone else is overlooking you should come with us. We will tell you everything you need to know", Oliver said, boldly.
     Oliver cracked a wide smirk before he went back into the car leaving Peter there apparently confused and at the same time curious to know what he do not know. If there's anything Peter would be more interested in is actually knowing about supernatural stuff that doesn't supposed to exist but they did anyway for thousands of reasons. Without any second thought, Peter quickly hopped into the car and sat at the back with Jake and Carla.
     "Where are we going?", Peter asked, giving Jake a side look as the car started moving.
     "Somewhere very special, don't worry, man", Jake said, with a grin.
     Ralf, Elvira and Jack were walking through a very narrow tunnel litted by hurricane lamps and well secured by a dozen large vampires in black robes; located beneath an enormous bunker where their coven have been living peacefully for centuries. They were still troubled by what had happened at that motel last night, that's why they sought their regent's permission to allow them to talk to their former best friends that were locked away forever for committing genocide months ago for unknown reasons.
     Jack sighed nervously as he and the others walked past the last guard guarding the only passageway to the dungeons whose cold stare seemed to penetrate their skins. He has heard about the large vampires beneath the bunker from his fellow coven mates to be one of the oldest vampires in the coven after the regent and were very ruthless and deadly. He recalled the last day he and the others went to see Valko and his crime partners without the permission of their regent, and how they almost end up imprisoned for that but they were very lucky to be saved by Caleb Stick whom has been taking care of them since the day the coven found them stranded with nowhere to go.
     "Hope you folks know what you are doing now", A voice said, in a chuckle.
     Ralf and the others quickly stopped in their tracks after recognizing whose voice was it. They turned around and found Caleb together with his wife Diana Hunter and his best friend Eric Maze coming toward them with questioning eyes due what had happened the last time they went to see their former friends condemned to stay caged forever.
     "Yeah, we sought out the regent's permission this time", Elvira said, tenderly.
     "Why would you want to see those lost souls again after what they did? you should stop coming down here, it makes the regent and the others worried", Diana said, seriously.
     "Worried about what?", Ralf asked, sounding curious.
     "That you might snap like Valko and the others if you kept coming down here to see them", Caleb said, with a sigh.
     "Why would we snap? we would never go against our coven", Elvira said, boldly.
     "I wouldn't have said so if I were you" Eric said, smiling at Elvira.
     Elvira and the others felt a bit offended by Eric's statement which sounds as if they were suspects of an unsolved crime. They hoped the whole coven isn't watching them closely so as to catch them off guard whenever they snap like Valko and the rest whom used to be very nice and kind vampires back in the days before something triggered a violent rage that has been in them for a very long time.
     "What does that suppose to mean?", Elvira asked, in a grim tone, looking at Eric warily.
     "It's obvious already. Amelia and the others were just like you three, nice, sweet and kind but they suddenly changed and did the unspeakable", Eric said, in a serious tone.
     "That's why we are here, to know what happened to them. So if you could excuse us we got an important thing to do", Ralf said, sternly.
     "They haven't said anything for months now", Diana said, as she heaved a sigh.
     "They are our friends, guys. Believe me when I say this, they will talk to us",Jack said, in a stern voice, before he and the others took off.
     After a very long walk through the large dungeon that's guarded by several vampires in black robes wielding various types of weapons, they stopped at a cell much bigger than the previous cells they had passed. They stood there staring at Valko, Amelia and Andreea whom were lying on the floor apparently aware of their presence due to the way they were smiling viciously.
     "Why did you do it?", Ralf asked, in a soft tone.
     "We know you can't just go around killing people like that without a reason",Elvira asked, seriously.
     Valko Andrei swung a look at Elvira and the others while he was still lying down. He cracked a vicious smirk at them as he wondered why they chose to ask him and the others now after all those times. He slowly stood up and walked to the cell's door made of pure silver which is the only thing preventing them from getting out. He stopped an inch away from the silver door, feeling an abhorrent energy emanating off it and also reminding himself that their days in the cell is numbered because the vampire king promised to get them out when the time is ripe.
     "What would that change? would that get us out of here?", Valko asked, with a smug chuckle.
     "We can talk to the regent to reduce your sentence", Jack said, in a curious tone.
     Amelia Dragan suddenly sat upright smiling at the thought of what Jack has said. She sighed heavily before glancing at him and the others for a moment shortly before she realized how she and the others might have hurt him and the rest back then because of what they did to prove their loyalty to the dark king.
     "We will never get out of here, you know that, don't you?", Amelia asked, sternly.
     "That weak regent of yours and everyone here is doomed already. Their days are numbered", Andreea Kalin said, in a cold tone, still lying on the floor.
     "You should get out of here while you still can. Take it from your friends", Valko said, softly.
     Ralf exchanged a look with Elvira as they both thought about the same thing, that Valko and the others weren't alone and have accomplices still out there and probably trying to find a way to break them out by killing every member of the coven. They stood there wondering if it's even possible for anyone to breach their defence without the help of an inside member of the coven.
     "How many are they?", Elvira asked, eagerly.
     "Who?", Valko asked, with a chuckle.
     "Your accomplices", Elvira said, casting him a wonky look.
     "I just hope he would be sending an army for the job", Andreea said, grinning viciously.
     "Who are you talking about anyway?", Jack asked, curiously.
     "Dracula! the king of blood and darkness!", Andreea said, in a stern voice as she stood up.
     Jack, Ralf and Elvira stood there feeling nervous all of a sudden as they processed the name Andreea has mentioned whom was apparently the reason why their friends changed from good to evil overnight. If what their former friends said was true about getting out of the dungeon with the help of the most dangerous and the most powerful vampire in the world who proclaimed to be the king of all the vampires in existence, then they must warn the others about the impending doom approaching.