Chapter 3: Team SZVC

With morning rolling in, Vara was seemingly the first one to get up from bed. Looking around in his new dorms, he sees that Zack and Cloud were still asleep, but Sephiroth was gone. Getting up and walking towards the shower, he was about to open the door until he sees Sephiroth come out. 

Vara: Ah...

Sephiroth: .. Is something the matter?

Vara: No, actually. Everything's fine. 

Sephiroth walks out of the bathroom as Vara enters inside. Just as he was about to shower, he notices about several bottles of shampoo, including an recent empty one. 

Vara: So that's how he takes care of his hair... Learn something new everyday, I guess. 

After taking a shower, Cloud and Zack were able to wake up as well. Preparing themselves for the day, the four head out early to class, all while RWBY and JNPR were lagging behind on their schedules. On the way to class, SZVC were being eyed on by Ozpin and Glynda, while also seeing RWBY and JNPR catching up. 

Inside the classroom, Professor Port was going through an explanation of the creatures of Grimm. SZVC and JNPR were paying attention as was RWBY as they learned that the Grimm grow stronger by age and intelligence. But during the lecture, Weiss was being annoyed by Ruby, which didn't go unnoticed by Cloud.

Port: The moral of this story? A true Huntsman must be honorable! A true Huntsman must be dependable! A true Huntsman must be strategic, well-educated, and wise! So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?

Before Weiss could interject, Cloud stood up. 

Weiss: I-

Cloud: I volunteer. 

Zack: Whoa, that was fast. 

Port: Well then, let's find out. Step forward, and face your opponent. 

Stepping down from the stairs, Cloud holds on his Buster Sword, ready to draw as the Grimm creature was shaking the cage. 

Zack: Okay, give it your all, Cloud. 

Vara: Don't destroy the classroom though. 

Sephiroth: ...

Port: Alright, let the match begin. 

Right as Professor Port cuts the lock, the Boarbatusk rushes out and charges at Cloud, but immediately rolls around, while also striking at it. 

Port: Haha, weren't expecting that, were you? 

Vara: Isn't it dangerous to keep a Grimm captive alive here?

Zack: I agree, it sounds a bit dangerous. 

Sephiroth: Let's worry on that later. 

Rushing towards the Boarbatusk, Cloud takes his Punisher Stance and starts to deal a bunch of heavy attacks. The Boarbatusk retaliates and knocks away Cloud on the other side of the room. The boar was now rolling towards Cloud as he then uses his Buster Sword to block the attack, pressuring it. While it was pressured, Cloud switches back to Operator Mode and deals some fast strikes and knocking the boar to the other side of the room. 

Sephiroth: Cloud. Strike at the belly of the Boarbatusk. That has no armor. 

Cloud: ... 

Right as the Boarbatusk starts to roll after Cloud, he blocks with the Buster Sword once again, and actually staggering it. Using Braver, he flips and delivers a fatal strike at the boar.