Chapter 12: Getting Back Up

Inside a tent coated with dark red far away from Vale, Vara was inside asleep and recovering from the Fall of Beacon. Opening his light red eyes, he slowly wakes up as he notices he was in a different place. He was shirtless as he looks over to his destroyed armor plating and blade. Walking over, he picks up the blade and sits down, sighing.

Vara: ... I'm sorry, Dad... 

Putting the blade down, he leans over towards his clothes and picks up the book that told stories of the Promised Land. Before he could turn a page, all of the sudden his head starts to ring as he was now hearing static. 

Vara: Ggh... 

Grabbing onto his head, he tries to block out the pain, but was no use. It kept ringing until he hears a familiar voice behind him. 

Sephiroth: Vara.

Widening his eyes, he gets up to turn around, not finding anything. The ringing in his head dies down as his ears were slowing gaining hearing once again. 

Vernal: Some wake up. 

He turns around as a woman with short hair entered in his tent, setting down some more water and buckets. 

Vara: .. I'm sorry about that. 

Vernal: You don't have to be sorry. You've must have had a nightmare... but since you did end up in a bad spot, it's understandable. 

Vara: What do you mean?

Vernal: *sigh* ... You've missed out alot... Well, get dressed and follow me. 

The woman then puts some new clothes on the ground as she walks out and waits. While putting on some new clothes, he notices the long glove and red metal hand on his right arm. As he was about to take it off, the woman outside spoke out before she forgot. 

Vernal: Oh yeah, don't take off the glove... You wouldn't like what you see. 

Vara didn't know what she was talking about. He assumed that she was talking about an injury he endured, but he didn't feel anything. Maybe his aura was replenished after awhile is what he guessed. Putting on new clothes, he follows the woman and was now walking through the camp. Looking around, Vara spots a flag that felt very familiar. 

A bunch of people looked over at the woman, but were mostly eyeing on their new visitor

A bunch of people looked over at the woman, but were mostly eyeing on their new visitor. Approaching the tent, the two enter inside. 

Vernal: He's awake. 

Vara was now in shock as the person in front of him was the exact same woman he fought back on the train, as she removes her mask and sets it on her table. She turns around as Vara kept feeling very big resemblance between her and Yang.