Chapter 8: Searching for the Hideout

With the next day rolling by, Team SZVC were taking it a bit slow until Sephiroth enter in the room, having to hear what Ruby said to her team. He fills them on on what's happened last night. 

Zack: Someone's here? In Beacon? 

Sephiroth: That's what Ruby said. And General Ironwood can vouch for her. 

Zack: Wow, so one of us in this school could be-

Vara: A spy. 

Zack: Yep. 

Cloud: This spy must have some leads to Torchwick. If we ever find him, he could tell us about that spy. 

Zack: Wait, V. What about Neo?

Vara: Nope, she's long gone from here. And she wouldn't tell me anyway, since she's loyal to Torchwick. 

Zack: Well, I'd thought I ask. 

Just now, next door, the girls were squealing in excitement over their visitor. Zack and Vara leaned their ears into the wall and hear that Ruby and Yang's dog, Zwei, has come to visit from their home. 

Zack: A dog?

Vara: I think so. 

Glynda (On Intercom): Will all first year students report to the amphitheater? 

Zack: Well, that's our cue. Let's go. 

The four head out and were now following RWBY, with JNPR following behind. 

Vara: Ruby, what's up?

Ruby: Good morning, Vara. 

Yang: Had fun last night?

Zack: Heh. You know it. All of us got our share of dance.. Love to share that again, Ice Queen? That is if you're down. 

Weiss: *blushing* Uh.. sure. 

Yang: So, what do you y'all have planned?

Cloud: Maybe to go on a mission. 

Sephiroth: If we're lucky, we could be on the same exhibition. 

Ruby: Ooooh. I would like that. 

Jaune: Going on a mission together?

Cloud: That's if we're on the same thing. 

Pyrrha: Well, we won't stop you all. 

Nora: Be sure to break some Grimm legs. 

Vara: Ren, what's that you're drinking?

Ren: Oh, a healthy shake. Want some?

Jaune: NO! Don't drink that!

Vara: What? I'm sure it ain't that bad. *drinks* 

After drinking Ren's smoothie, his expression felt very normal. But a part of him wanted to throw up, so he decided to play it off. 

Vara: Hm. Not... bad. 

Ren: I knew someone would like my creation!

Jaune: How could you play it off like that?

Vara: Dunno. 

Jaune: That's it?.. You're one of a kind, Vara. 

Having to swallow, Vara's face winced as he didn't enjoy it. After giving the smoothie back to Ren, all of the students enter the amphitheater as Ozpin was now giving an announcement. 

Ozpin: Today we stand together, united. Mistral. Atlas. Vacuo. Vale. The four Kingdoms of Remnant. On this day, nearly eighty years ago, the largest war in recorded history came to an end. It was a war of ignorance, of greed, and of oppression. A war that was about much more than where borders fell or who traded with whom, but about the very idea of individualism itself. We fought for countless reasons, one of which being the destruction of all forms of art and self-expression. And as you are well aware, that was something many could not stand for. As a result, those who opposed this tyranny began naming their children after one of the core aspects of art itself: color. It was their way to demonstrate that not only would they refuse to tolerate this oppression, but neither were the generations to come. And it was a trend that is held to this very day. We encourage individuality, expressionism, and unity through diversity. As I have said, today we stand together, united. But this bond cannot exist without effort. Which is why today, while the rest of the world celebrates peace, Huntsmen and Huntresses will work to uphold it. As first year students, you will be tasked with shadowing a professional Huntsman or Huntress on a mission. Some of you may be taken out of the Kingdom for several days. Others may work within the walls for the rest of the week. But no matter which path you choose, remember to be safe, remember your training, and remember to do your very best.