Chapter 22: Dark Truths

Inside the hideout of the Turks, Tseng was in the same room as Cinder as the three others were staying outside, keeping watch for anything that could be against them. Having to hear her story, Tseng closes his eyes and looks directly at her. 

Tseng: You sure you have no recollection of what you have done?

Cinder: I've told you everything. What else do you need to know?

Tseng: I don't want anything else. But I can tell you about what you've done for the past few months. 

Cinder: ... 

Tseng: Let's just say... what you did was... monstrous... Back at Beacon, and the stunt you pulled at Haven. 

Cinder: ... How? What was I doing? 

Tseng: If you want the true answer, you'll just have to find that out yourself.... But I believe you are suited to be a Turk. Give me a couple days, and I'll have your name cleaned off, and you'll be one of us. 

Cinder: ... 

She then slowly gets up from her seat and was about to leave the room. 

Tseng: Oh, and Cinder... Don't let your temper get the better of you. You may have the Fall Maiden's power, but where you're at right now, it's easy to take you out. 

Heeding his advice, she leaves the room with Reno, Rude, and Roman following behind her. 

Reno: *sigh* What else is there to do? It's kinda becoming a bit dull. 

Rude: Tseng has a request pending and it will come in a couple days. I suggest we should be patient until then. 

Reno: Yeah, yeah. Sure thing, partner. 

Without batting an eye towards the three, Cinder enters her room and locks it, wanting to seclude herself from the others. As she lays down on her bed, she closes her eyes and wonders if she'll dream about that scenario again with the young boy. 

In a town that was being showered with rain, the dark mist that expelled out of Cinder reached a nearby puddle and engulfed it. Out of the Grimm puddle, an exact same copy of Cinder was coming out, except she was now pale, having longer hair, and having a black sclera. Opening her eyes, her ember pupils were still showing. 

As she crawls out of the puddle, she desperately crawls for safety. It was until the same woman that saved human Cinder stumbled across her once again, but however, Grimm Cinder showed no mercy as her eyes began to flare in flame. After killing the woman, Grimm Cinder took the clothes off her body and began to roam around town, while also concealing her presence amongst the crowd. 

Back over at Gongaga, Vara and the others were getting ready to leave via carriage, due to their bullhead's fuel running out as well as it's engine cutting out. While being carried to Argus, everyone was on the back, while Raven and Vincent sat next to each other. 

Vincent: So you left a battle that can't be won. Why?

Raven: *sigh* ... I tried convincing them to stop, but it's seems like it's out of my power now. If I told them... I don't know what will happen. 

Vincent: You worry for them. You've become very close to them. And it would hurt you to seem them fall into despair. I may not know of this story, but I do know is that the truth will probably hurt them. 

Raven: I know... But... I can't tell them. At this point, I'll leave Ozpin to tell them. 

Vincent: ... So be it. 

Everyone was quiet in the back. Neither of them said a word, until Cloud looks up to see a bird flying above them. His mind immediately went back to memories of Zack after seeing the bird fly away. As he sighs, Vara's scroll starts to ring as Ruby was trying to call him.