Chapter 17: Deliverance

Everyone inside the main room was still fighting. Ruby was fighting against Emerald, while Yang was against Mercury. Weiss was up against Vernal, and Nora, Ren, and Jaune were fighting Hazel with Tifa. Cloud was still fighting against Cinder, very angered and desperate on wanting to avenge his fallen friend. Vara and Raven were clashing blades while Oscar and Qrow were trying to reason, yet fight against Lionheart. 

While everyone was still fighting, Cloud was still clashing his blade with Cinder's blades, dodging all of her attacks and zipping left and right behind her. He tries to surprise attack her from the left while she thought he'd attack right, but Cinder saw ahead of Cloud and countered him. She then cuts his torso and kicks him to the ground. 

While Cloud was trying to get back up, Cinder begins to taunt him again. 

Cinder: You really think you can be his legacy? How much of a fool you could possibly be?

Cloud: Shut up!

He grabs his Fusion Sword and lunges towards Cinder yet again to clash blades. Over at Vara's side, he manages to duck from an incoming slash from Raven. He keeps on clashing his Chaos Lament with her Omen Sword as the two kept on clashing for a while. This wasn't part of Raven's plan, but then again, Vara still held a grudge back at the train. 

As Vara lands on his feet, his blade was drilled to the ground. He then side flips to avoid Raven's attack and grabs his blade once again, clashing his blade with hers. The two then locked blades once again as Vara was trying to use his raw strength to overwhelm her. Raven then looks towards Cloud fighting Cinder and was now trying to brainstorm. 

The idea hit her as she then dashes towards Vara's left and strikes at him, sending him towards Cloud's back, both crashing on the floor. 

Vara: ... Ow... Cloud, you alright?

Cloud: I'm fine! 

He knew that he was mad at Cinder. He understood well and he too wants to have a piece at Cinder for taking their friends life. 

Vara: Cloud... I get it... I want to have a shot at Cinder too. But I don't think it's that time yet.... Why don't you let me take care of her? 

Cloud: ... 

Both got up and went in their stances again. But behind the two, Raven creates a portal in front of them as she then kicks Vara into it, while Cloud tried to lock his blade with Raven's. 

Raven: New plan. 

Cloud: Huh?

She then kicks him into the portal as it then closes. For Cinder, she assumed that Cloud and Vara were now out of the picture, and all that's left was the others inside. Raven goes to fight Qrow once again while Cinder looks towards Jaune, taunting and mocking him, making him go after her. 

The portal appears outside as Vara and Cloud were shot out, both crashing onto the ground. Vara gets back up and tries to go back inside the portal, but it then closes right at the very last minute. Right as Cloud gets back up, both Vara and him were back to back as several White Fang members surround the two. 

Vara: ... Oh great. 

Cloud: Was this part of her plan too?

Vara: ... I don't know, you tell me. 

The two then looked up at the roof as they see Adam Taurus, looking down upon them. 

Adam: Well, well, it seems we have a couple uninvited guests. I thought that no one would get out, but it seems we may have a traitor in our midst. 

He then leaps off the roof and lands in front of the two. Vara was about to assume his stance, but Cloud hovered his hand, preventing him to make a move.