Chapter 16: Flower and Mute

In his room, Vara was looking out the window and into the shattered moonlight. As he was by himself, his door suddenly knocks. 

Vara: Come in.

The door opens as it revealed to be Qrow and Oscar were outside of his door. 

Qrow: Hey, kid. 

Vara turns around as Qrow grabbed a chair to sit down while Oscar stood next to him. Outside of the room, Cloud and Tifa were standing outside and hearing the conversation.

Qrow: So Raven told you alot about everything, did she?

Vara: .. For the most part, yeah. 

Qrow: You know she can't be trusted, right? She leads a Tribe of killers and thieves. 

Vara: You were once part of it too... And you don't need to tell me... All she did was help me get back to my fighting shape. And she told me everything about the Maidens and Salem. But that's not what I want to talk about... It's just... 

Qrow: You're wondering about Jenova, right? And what Oz's place in all of it?

Vara: Yes. 

Oscar's eyes glowed as Ozpin took over. 

Oscar (Ozpin): Well, to my understanding... I didn't know who Jenova was until I discovered Sephiroth. Years ago, I've made a shady deal that I took in Sephiroth from Atlas so that they won't open the Mako Reactors. I knew Sephiroth wasn't human, but I did not view him as a monster and I tried my absolute to keep him out of this. I've only said that Sephiroth's mother was Jenova,  a woman who gave birth to him before she died. I wanted to keep it a secret, but... it wouldn't last long. 

Vara: Why?

Qrow: Well, that was when two students came to Beacon. Those being Genesis and Angeal. 

Oscar (Ozpin): By my guess, Atlas wanted to rush the deal. Genesis and Angeal, much like Sephiroth, were creations from Project Jenova. But during a mission they went on, Angeal fell in battle and so did Genesis... or so we thought. As soon as Sephiroth noticed that Genesis was still alive, I only knew that it would lead to imminent disaster. 

Vara: *stands up* And that lead to the Nibelheim Incident. And it worked for Atlas. So let me get this straight... if you were out of the picture, Atlas would open those Mako Reactors. But they didn't because Beacon was still standing and Sephiroth was still alive. But now that Genesis revealed who he was, and with everything that happened... Atlas got what they wanted. You out of the picture, Beacon fallen, and Sephiroth dead. Now all they're doing is sucking up the planet dry just for more weapons for war, and this is for the safety of the people of Remnant? People are dying, Oz! And Atlas crossed the line... 

He sighs as he sits back down on the bed. 

Vara: *rubs head* All I ever wanted was to not be anymore violence... but from what Atlas is doing... and whoever Salem is. It doesn't seem like it anymore. 

Qrow: ... Not yet. 

Vara: What do you mean?

Oscar (Ozpin): There is one thing that can help us... One person that has the blood of the Ancients. The Ancients has helped out the Maidens very long ago, sharing the Mako for peace and prosperity and has guided them the means to enter the Promised Land. 

Vara: I thought all of the Ancients were wiped out during the War. 

Qrow: I thought so too. But we figured out that two other people had the blood of the ancients. But sadly, one passed away, leading to one survivor... If we find the one, we can keep Atlas and Salem's hands off of the Promised Land. That alone will give us time to at least stop Salem first, then figure out what to do with Atlas.