Chapter 22- Omasiri

"Lazy girl, how many times do you plan to keep fainting?" Madam koikoi flung a wet rag on my face. 

I woke up about an hour ago, oh wait, this is midnight shrub. Okay so I don't know how long I'd passed out but I woke up and found myself in a different environment this time. I woke up on a mat made of a different material from the ones I normally use. Also, this room seemed more alive, the sunlight could make its way in, the air wasn't stuffy, it was very clear and lastly, the feeling. Being in this room alone gave me a feeling of nostalgia. It was like I'd been here before. 

"Well, you should consider someone's state of hunger before you give them a task." I countered. 

"Stubborn girl, I wonder who you take after with that mouth of yours." She hissed.

"Obviously not you," I said as I sat up.

"Eat up. We need to go out." She ordered me as she put a tray of food in front of me. It had everything I liked. Suya, pepper sauce and roast potatoes with palm wine. Reminded me of my day with Siju. I wonder how he's doing.

"I have no intention of going out today, especially if it's to be abandoned and forced to find my way back. No way!" I said then filled my mouth with chicken suya. 

"Shut up child. I'm taking you somewhere special to me." She got up.

"Where?" I asked now curious. I could see the seriousness in her eyes.

"To where it all started, my life when I was living." She replied. 

"When you were living? How do we get there?" I asked. What was she talking about?

"To my childhood?" She laughed. Why was she laughing? 

"What? Isn't that what you said?" I asked her. 

"Oh dear, we're going to see someone. Someone who will show you." She replied.

"Ohh...but isn't seeing for the southerners alone?" I asked. 

"No honey, with this southerner, everyone can see." She replied.

"Really?" This is the first time I'm hearing this. "What's her name?"

"Mami, what– sorry who, you people call MAMI WATER."