4. The Burden Of The Asakura Name

Power resides where men believe it resides

Power resides where men believe it resides. If the tribe rules the shaman world then why do we bow to the spirit king? It's a trick, that way a very weak shaman can cast a really big shadow. Asakura Hao is no threat to me, Uma.
- Lulu Lulamoon
-----------------------
               The departure from each other was on good terms, right? Len approved of her participation, right? No, it didn't feel right at all! He still didn't respect her! 

" Damn you, Len Tao!" she cursed blowing her stinging nose, she didn't know if it was because of the sand carried by the winds in the canyon or because of her own remorse. Five years FIVE! and all he had to say was " I will allow you to fight ", just like his uncle. That jerk!

The gate to Dobi village stood still, a few miles away against the winds. Lulu was right, they were finally here! And so were her friends! Minka, Romina, and Tessa!

" Yahoo!" the pirate-like girl swings her medium into the air almost making a twirl," there ya are lass! Both time too, we almost started t' tournament without ya two. "

" My apologies Lady Romina," Uma dusted her dress off," our gentlewoman felt like she has something to prove."

"To who yo?" she pushes the glasses up her nose, " Ohimesama never quarrels alone."

Uma gives Lulu a side-eye.

" Well, let's hope it doesn't become a habit. " she gives another angry but half-concerned look, while she has all the belief that Lulu was powerful, the tournament was more of a mind game.

Not that the Japanese girl lacked the mind, but she was savage and overconfident at times, and they needed to use their brain more than furyoku in future battles. That's right, the shaman games were more of a battle of wits than brute strength.

It was about strategy, allies, alliances, and enemies. And standing in front of Hao so early in the games was bad, if he becomes weary of them they might lose the element of surprise.

" Uma!" with a short call Lulu requested the audience," who is she?"

" This lady is Tessa Walker", Uma clears her throat with a cough," I told you about her before entering the desert."

" The girl from Florida?" she arches a brow.

" Yes my lady, the one that saved me ." the indian answered.  " The girls already meet her, you were last. "

" Pleasure!"

Tessa nodded in agreement.

___________________________

                Yoh's bell oracle rang with a pleasant klink, he was sitting on the rooftop of one of the apartments for rent from Dodi village, a location which they, with a lot of struggle, finally reached last night. He wasn't alone, at last not at the present moments, a few seconds ago, Mikihisa, his father, landed gracefully on the roof now back to back with him.