5.Nichrome's pledge

" I think you're better off looking alone, cause the boys that chase your hips can just go find their way home

- Nichrome

" You know, walking alone at night can be dangerous, Lulu" Nichrome placed his hands under his poncho," What if someone hurts you?"

The brunette flutters her long lashes.

" And who would do such a thing?"

The boy jumps from the rooftop, a place where he stalk her for a good few minutes until he landed right in front of her. In the end, clearing her mind with a trip wasn't going to happen. He gazed deep into her orbs, his green ones hungrily searching hers for even the slightest sign of emotion. And it wasn't that Lulu was emotionless, no she was a totally hazardous emotional mess, and that's why she fascinated so much. Her face hid so many emotions from bittersweet to the deepest of sorrow, and rage, and switched them so instantaneous. So fast that you had no time to react it realize what happen and when. She was an enigma, she caught his eye since the trial.

" Why do all the men in my life think I am unskillful in self-defense?"

He smiled, letting his tumb trace a line over her slim pale lip.

" I don't think you are unskilful Lu, I was the patch member who passed you your trial, remember? But you are very," he paused, "captivating ." he finished his sentance with a bit of concern in his voice, like it was unraveling a warning.

" And why do you think that? " she arched a brow and crossed her hands to her torso, "nothing is charming about me, I am like any other girl. "

He let out a laugh.

" Only you think that, Lu."

She changed the subject.

" Is this because of your desertion? Are they removing me from the tournament since my trial judge left the patch?" the question raises the hair  on the boy's back. No way the patch would do that, and that wasn't the reason for his visit, but then again, seeing that fire into her gaze bursting with such an impulse was enjoyable.

" You know about that?" his back was facing her so he peeps with the edge of his eye, she bit her lip, not because of anxiety but mostly out of an unknown remorse.

"People talk Nick," she gazed at the stars," I cannot risk letting my followers down. "

" You mean the broken dolls you call friends?"

" Don't be disrespectful Nikky!" scolding him the boy snickered at her attempt at being treacherous.

" Don't get too affixed Lu," he turned to face her again," all will be lost once he will rise."

" So," she crossed her arms again," that is what this is about. You are warning me about Hao."

He didn't reply, but you could read on his face that something was wrong.