Chapter Seven: Fighting... Again

Your POV

Stupid Dark! I-I hate him! He's such a jerk to me! I angrily make his food: slamming things out, throwing seasonings on, you name it, I did it. "UH! I WANT TO GO HOME!" I throw a pan across the kitchen as my eyes begin to fill with tears. "This is nothing like the fanfictions... In the fanfictions, Dark is usually so kind. A-and he always falls in love with the reader almost straight away... A-am I not the reader? I thought this would be way better... Not all hard work and screaming..." I whisper. "This sucks... he really is a bratty prince..."

"EXCUSE YOU!?" I hear a voice come from behind me. Oh great.... It's Dark... "I AM NOT A BRAT!"

"You're right, you're a total bitch." I hiss. Dark tenses up and steps in front of me.

"How dare you!? YOU ARE IN THE PRESANCE OF A FUTURE KING! YOU WILL CALL ME NO SUCH NAMES!"

"I will call you whatever I want! Y-you can't just treat me like this! It's not fair to me!" Dark grabs my wrist and almost crushes it.

"Life isn't fair. You'd better shut the hell up before I get really angry. You're just a maid that speaks too much."

"And you're just the shadow of a hero that you know you will never be able to beat in strength or in love." Dark's eyes fill with sadness and rage as throws me against the counter.

"H-he.... he killed her....HE KILLED MY QUEEN! MY QUEEN WAS EVERYTHING TO ME! SHE WAS MY HEART AND SOUL! SHE'S DEAD BECAUSE OF HIM! I HAVE NOTHING TO LIVE FOR! DON'T YOU EVER SAY HE'LL BEAT ME IN LOVE! I HAD ALREADY WON! THEN HE GOT JEALOUS OF ME AND TOOK HER AWAY!" His eyes well up with tears. "Do you know how painful it is for me to have to see you in her clothes? Do you know how much it hurts me to call out your name because it's so similar to hers? DO YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO SEE YOU!? SOMEONE THAT LOOKS ALMOST EXACTLY LIKE THE PERSON YOU LOVED BEFORE!? IT'S AWFUL! YOU EVEN ACT LIKE HER WHEN SHE WAS HAPPY! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT HURTS!?" He shouts as he grabs my shoulders, squeezing them so hard they feel like they'll break any second.

"N-no... I-I only know one feeling that relates to love..." I whisper.

"Tell me.... tell me what you felt..." I hesitate. "TELL ME!" He shouts. (Did anyone else just think of Loki?)

"Longing..." He glares at me.

"Longing? That's it? THAT IS NOTHING!" I punch him and glare at him with teary eyes.

"I longed for someone to hug me... I longed for someone to call me beautiful... I longed for someone to call me theirs. I-I've never had that. No one loved me, so I turned to someone that could love me in my own mind. Someone that I imagined to be a better person."

"Who?" Dark keeps glaring at me.

"YOU! EVER SINCE I WAS TWELVE! YOU WERE MY FAVORITE CHARACTER! I LOVED YOU WITH EVERYTHING I HAD! I PRAYED TO BE ABLE TO MEET YOU BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU WOULD BE KIND AND LOVING! BUT YOU AREN'T! YOU'RE SO DIFFERENT FROM THE STORIES I READ! YOU'RE HEARTLESS! YOU'RE SELFISH! AND YOU'RE RUDE! COMPLETELY THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT I THOUGHT!" I begin to cry. "YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO BE NICE!" Dark stares at me with slightly wide eyes. "I wish this was all just a dream! I wish I could wake up back in my sucky world where all I do is get depressed and stressed! It's better than this!"

"Depression and stress is better than this?" Dark shakes with anger. "I AM GENEROUS ENOUGH TO LET YOU STAY IN HERE! YOU SHOULD BE MORE GRATEFUL!"

"How can I be grateful to someone that constantly yells at me? And for stupid things, too!"

"You are always disrespecting me! You have absolutely no discipline!"

"SHUT UP!" I shout. He glares at me. "YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SPEAK TO A WOMAN PROPERLY! YOU'RE A PRINCE! YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO!" My voice turns shakey. "I know I'm just a maid... but if you ever want to love again, you need to learn how to speak to women. You need to know how to be gentle. You need to know how to make your voice soft. You need to know all those things... You have to learn how to be a proper prince."

"I AM A PROPER PRINCE!" He shouts. I flinch.

"NO YOU AREN'T! YOU'RE YELLING AT ME AND I HATE IT! YOU REMIND ME OF MY PARENTS!"

"Do you think I give a damn?" His voice is cold.

"I know you don't, but you'll end up alone. And I don't want that. Everyone deserves to be happy. Even you. I think I'll be happier at Link's or Ghirahim's. If you aren't nicer, I'm leaving. Got it? Link will probably be my future husband, so I'll most likely choose him."

"NO! YOU CAN'T GO WITH HIM!"

"And why not? He's nice AND he's a hero. Plus.... he's hot... and he probably has a six pack... and other muscles..." Yeah... Link sounds nice...

"I HAVE MORE MUSCLES THAN HIM! AND I CAN BE NICE!" A laugh escapes my lips.

"You? Nice? That's a funny joke. And it's proven that Link has... some sexy muscle... You're probably all flat. There was never a shirtless scene of you." I cross my arms.

"You've never seen me shirtless! You can't say anything!"

"I can too! Tch, I'm going to go to Link's. I'll get a whole lot of sexy if I go there. And ya know what?"

"What?"

"He's gonna get a kiss. And everything else he wants from me because I know he'll treat me well. Don't come after me."

"H-HEY! YOU CAN'T KISS HIM!"

"Yes I can. He's gonna be my first kiss and it'll be great. And... ya know, I think he's going to punch the V-card. Bye!" I begin to head out. That's what you get Dark... You'll forever be a virgin! What a loser... Dark grabs my shoulder and turns me around. We're face to face. "What do you want no-" He cuts me off with a kiss. I can feel him smirk. After a few seconds, he pulls back.

"So much for that first kiss he was going to take." He smirks. My face turns bright res.

"YOU JERK! W-whatever! He's still getting the V-card!" I turn and head towards the door.

"W-wait!" Dark appears in front of me.

"What!?" I become annoyed.

"Y-you can't go!"

"Why?"

"Because it's night time. There are monsters everywhere." Monsters, eh? Whatever. My hand reaches towards the doorknob and pulls. In front of me are three of those huge lizard monsters. My body freezes as the lizards eyes bore into me. They let out terrifying screeches and attempt to attack me. M-my feet won't move... I'm going to get seriously injured or possibly die... I try to speak, but nothing comes out. I close my eyes and brace for the impact of their tails, but it never comes. My eyes slightly open to see Dark in front of me with his sword and shield out. He attacks the lizards, killing them with ease. He looks at me and drags me back inside. "You have got to be the most interesting person I've ever met."

"H-huh? H-how?" I ask as I regain motion.

"You're afraid of those lizards, but you aren't afraid of the Prince of Darkness. It's interesting."

"Oh, shut it. Lizards are ugly and have pointy teeth and are just... scary."

"Just get to bed. You have a lot to do tomorrow." I stick my tongue out at him like a four year old and make my way to my room. He's such an idiot...