Chapter Eleven: The Past Revealed

Your POV

Hmm... who's arms are around me? I slightly open my eyes to see Dark with his arms around my waist. My face turns a bright shade of red. I-I'd better go make him something to eat. By using my ninja skills, I get out of his grasp and go to the kitchen. Well, today he's going to get pancakes. They'll be Triforce shaped! I smile to myself and begin to cook. About halfway into cooking the pancakes, arms wrap around my waist. I jump in surprise. "Relax, princess. It's only me." Dark laughs a bit.

"D-don't scare me like that!"

"Rawr." He smirks. I continue to make his breakfast. "Hey, you don't have to do that anymore."

"Do what?" I ask.

"Make my breakfast."

"But I'm your maid." I tilt my head in confusion.

"Not anymore. Like I said last night, you aren't my maid. You're my princess." I blush.

"W-well, I'm gonna cook because I like it. Here are your pancakes." I hand a plate of pancakes to him.

"They're so cute." He smiles. My heart stops. S-so adorable... "But not as cute as you." He kisses my cheek. My cheeks flare up.

"T-thanks..." I continue to make ordinary circle pancakes for myself. "You're so different now. You're very kind." A smile appears on my face.

"I feel different. I mean, I still want to destroy things and take over Hyrule, but when I'm around you, all that just seems to disappear. I feel... nice."

"Well, that's not a bad thing, but... I kind of expect you to yell at me for putting butter on your pancakes." I laugh a bit.

"Was I really that bad?"

"Worse... but I secretly liked it."

"Really?" He looks into my (e/c) eyes.

"Yeah... I really did. I also like your kind side, too. There would always be a calm look in your eyes, like now. When you were angry, your eyes would almost glow... And it was just something I noticed. Ignore me." I sit down and eat.

"You notice the smallest things and make them beautiful and big with only your words... You have so much talent..."

"O-oh, thank you..."

"What else can you make beautiful?"

"Well... you can do it too. It's easy. You have to see the good side first. Then you see what emotion is being shown in the item in front of you. You have to look deep inside to truly see the value in it. You have to... you have to make it beautiful. But not the beautiful the whole world sees. Make it into what you think beauty is. Make it something that only you can appreciate. Make it big in your own mind. Make it feel important..."

"What if it's not an item, but a person?" He asks.

"Then you make them feel important. Make them feel like they're the only one you care about. Make them feel wanted... Y-you have to ignore what's on the outside. Look past the scars and the bruises and see what's really on the inside."

"Don't cry..."

"Huh?" I touch my cheek to feel the wet tears running down my cheeks. "O-oh, I'm sorry. I made it personal...."

"Tell me... how were you treated in your world?"

"I was nothing there... Nothing at all..."

"Let's go to the garden." With the snap of his fingers, we're in the garden's gazebo. "Tell me everything... I want to know everything."

"I... I was a nobody. I was made fun of for every little thing. Every tiny thing... It was torture. I could never be normal like I wanted. Normal was always changing. I tried to fit in. I tried to make friends. But whenever I made them, they would leave. They would always leave me all alone." I cry. "They would tell my secrets to everyone. They would tear my heart apart! They never cared. My brother went away for the army for five years... He was the only one that loved me. My parents would call me useless and beat me. He never knew... my brother never knew what they did to me. I could never bring myself to tell him because I didn't want him to see his parents as monsters. He leaves for months to fight in war. He almost dies. He's seen and heard things you can't even imagine, but I couldn't tell him the truth. I wanted my brother to stay the same way. I wanted him to stay by big brother. Not turn into my shield. Whenever I was feeling down, I would play video games. I fell in love with you. I was on the other side of the screen thinking I would never be free from all the pain I was feeling, but then... you brought me here." I smile through my tears. "I was your maid. And even through all your temper tantrums, I've had the best time of my life here. And... I've really fallen in love. I have something I never thought I could have back in my world. So... thank you, Dark. You saved me." I smile and put my hand on his cheek. His tears go down his cheeks.

"You-" My eyes widen as a sharp pain comes from my stomach. I look down to see the blade of a sword going through my body.