Epilogue

Your POV

"_____?" Dark calls. 

"In here!" He comes inside and smiles at our family. 

"Daddy!" Shadow smiles and runs over. He's two and a half, so he's absolutely adorable. 

"Hey, buddy! What are you doing with Mommy?" He picks Shadow up and smiles. 

"We... we play Hero and Princess! I'm Hero, she Princess! And that's bad guy!" Shadow points to the stuffed dragon on the other side of the room. "Daddy, you bad guy!"

"Why me?" Dark pouts. 

"You evil king!"

"...Yeah, you're right about that. Alright, I'll be the bad guy." Dark puts Shadow down and tries to get me. We're on the bed so no one gets hurt. 

"Stay away from the princess!" Shadow takes out his play sword. 

"The princess is mine! She'll be my prisoner forever!" 

"NEVERRRR!" Shadow 'stabs' Dark, causing him to stumble. 

"A-ah... Darn you... Hero..." He falls to the ground and pretends to be dead. 

"I won! Daddy, you can get up now." Dark stays still. "Daddy?" Shadow shakes him, but he doesn't move. "DADDY!" Shadow runs and hugs me, crying. "M-Mama! I-I k-killed Daddy!" He sobs. "I-I'm n-not a h-hero!" ...Dark is going to get it... 

"Shadow, it's alright. Daddy isn't dead. Right, Dark?" I say in a threatening tone. 

"Y-yeah! I'm ok, see?" Dark stands up, smiling. 

"YOU BUTT!" Shadow shouts and kicks Dark in the shin. He doesn't even flinch, but he crosses his arms. 

"Where did you learn that word?" He asks. 

"N-nowhere!" 

"Shadow, don't lie to me."

"...U-uncle Fab..."

"...Ghirahim is going to get it. What else did he teach you?"

"Lots! I know new words! Fuck, shit, cock, vagina, bitch, fuck you, fuck off, and that babies come from penises." Shadow proudly smiles. "Oh, be back soon. I gotta take a shit." He runs off towards the bathroom. Dark and I stay silent for a moment. 

"....Ghirahim is fucked...." I growl. 

"No, I'll handle it. You're fragile."

"I am not!" 

"...What happens if you fall on your stomach?"

"...Good point."

"Our new prince or princess needs to stay safe! I'll make sure nothing happens to them..." Dark comes over and lays down next to me. He hugs my stomach. I'm seven months pregnant, so Dark is all over the place with safety. No rough play, no junk food, no going outside alone, no nothing. Oh well... it's only for safety. "I'm gonna make sure nothing happens to them... Ya know, you're really big this time." Oh... I forgot to tell him. 

"Um... yeah... we're having twins. I forgot to tell you." 

"Twins!? OH MY GOD, YEEES! MY BABIES! I'm your Daddy! Knock knock!" He shouts at the babies. A small smile appears on my face as I feel one of them kick. 

"I think they can hear you." I smile. Dark puts both his hands on my stomach and gives me a wide smile. 

"I'm excited!"

"I'm not... The pain is going to suck..."

"HEY! Get away from Mommy and Little Brother!" Shadow jumps on the bed and smacks Dark's hands away. He hugs my stomach and glares at Dark. 

"She's mine! And you don't know if you're going to have a little brother!"

"I do too!"

"Do not!"

"You're a weirdo! Mommy is mine and only mine!"

"She's my wife!"

"Get away from Mommy, you white haired freak!"

"...Shadow... You have my hair."

"Do not!"

"Can you not see color!?"

"All I see is a bitch." Shadow glares. Oh... Oh, shit.

"Five minutes in the corner. Now."

"Jerk! No way!"

"Ten minutes."

"No!"

"Fifteen minutes. Want me to add no snacks for a week?"

"Alright, alright, I'm going..." Shadow gets up and walks to the corner. This family is crazy...

So, this is my 'Happily Ever After', huh? I fell in love with a prince, went on a crazy adventure, and got married. All the pain I felt in my old world added up to this... What an odd thing. I wish I could tell the people that live in my old world that things turn out alright in the end. The people who have sucky lives will get their turn at happiness. Everything gets better in the end. The things the world throws at us is to test our strength. The people like me... we are true warriors. We are strong because of the thing's we have faces. We are kind because we know what it feels like to be bashed down over and over. Society feeds people lies so they create a 'perfect community' or a 'perfect nation', but people like me don't give into that. We are the outcasts of society because we don't believe in what they tell us. We have true feelings of justice. We know who needs real help. We know that the people who are alone need a shoulder to cry on. There are so many things that divide us from them... There are two worlds. Us and them. But our world is stronger because we are all independent. 

This is my happy ending... No, this isn't an 'ending', this is the beginning. The beginning of something new. Happiness... yes, that's been achieved. Dark and I will be together for the eternity... And we'll make the most of every day.