Prologue

A/n
FYI I DID change the way Katherine looks. I honestly got a little annoyed that everyone kept mentioning Amber Heard cause I did use a picture of her. I'm tryna keep that drama away from here. ANYWAY! IT'S THE FUCKING SEQUEL OF The Mistress of A Married Woman, I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY!

----------

1 month later...

A tall modern building with lawyers and secretaries bustling around.

The brunette enters the sleek elevator and presses the very top floor button as the doors close and the elevator smoothly rides up.

At the very top floor, the elevator stops, and the doors slide open as Camila steps out.

She walks over to the big front desk and the secretary behind it looks at her as she approaches.

"Ms. Cabello," She speaks.

"Good morning, Jenna. Please allow me to speak with your boss," Camila speaks.

"Mr. Horan is-"

"I don't care! He has avoided me long enough. Let me see him," Camila cuts her off.

Jenna sighs and walks around the desk and towards the office door.

She knocks on it three times before opening the door and stepping aside.

"Go on in, Ms. Cabello," Jenna says.

Camila nods at her in thank you and steps into the office, closing the door behind her.

She sees Niall standing by the window, whiskey glass in hand as he brings it up to his lips and takes a sip, looking at the New York traffic down below.

"Camila. Good morning," Niall speaks.

"Niall, you know why I'm here," Camila crosses her arms across her chest.

Niall sighs and turns around as he looks at her with a troubled look in his eyes. "I know. But I already told you, I can't take her custody trial," He says.

The Irish boy walks over to his desk and sets his whiskey glass down on the surface as he leans against it.

"Why not?!" Camila raises her voice.

"Because Shawn and Katherine are my friends too!" Niall snaps. He sighs and runs his hand over his face. "Lauren's lawyer did a good job, he got her out of jail and the charges dropped. Your statement helped as well. He can handle her custody trial," Niall says.

"But it took him a whole month. Lauren just got out of jail a few days ago. They didn't let me give a statement until last week but only because Lauren's lawyer accused every single one of those motherfuckers of being bribed to the Senators of New York. You know, everyone knows those fucking people were paid to keep her there as long as they could," Camila says.

Niall's shoulders fall as he connects their eyes for the first time since the brunette has come in.

"How is she doing?" Niall asks.

"Bad. She had to go as far as to pay women in there to protect her. What went on in there... Traumatized her. She almost got sexually assaulted, multiple times by many women at once, because they found out she was intersex," Camila says.

Niall slouches feeling like his heart is going to give out because of all the guilt he feels.

"She's not the same," Camila says softly. She stares at the Irish man for a while before heading for the door.

"Camila... Wait," Niall speaks softly.

The brunette stops and turns to look at him, waiting for him to speak.