Gaining The Upper Hand

Becky just stares at Lauren, who doesn't falter, keeping their gazes locked.

"You sound insane. Have you talked to Camila about this?" Becky finally speaks.

"No," Lauren answers.

"This is Camila's decision to make, Lauren, not yours," Becky says.

"Becky-"

"You are not convincing me! And your money sure as hell can't either. I don't know what's going on to drive you to do this. But it ain't the way. Talk with Camila, if she agrees then I will arrange a spot for you two on the show. But keep in mind, I know that girl like the back of my hand, I will know if she's lying to me or is getting pressured," Becky says.

Lauren sucks in a deep angry breath as she glares at the Hispanic girl.

Becky ignores her as she opens her book again and resumes reading. "She may be changing you to be a better woman but you're still a spoiled brat," She says.

"You have balls speaking to me like that," Lauren says.

"You have more power than me, but not over me. You don't intimidate me. None of you people do," Becky says.

Lauren sighs as she moves and sinks onto the couch beside Becky.

"What am I supposed to do, Becky? Shawn or Katherine won't back down," Lauren speaks softly.

"Isn't there a private investigator following you both?" Becky looks up from her book.

"Yeah," Lauren says. She sits up, wide-eyed. "I completely forgot about that," Lauren says.

"What? Have you done something incriminating?" Becky smirks.

"No. Besides that threesome. Shit..." Lauren says.

"Fuck... Do you think..." Becky trails off.

"I don't know. I hope that it's not used against me in court," Lauren says.

"What about Katherine? Do you think they have something against her?" Becky asks.

"Besides the fact that she was with Shawn when he attacked Camila last night," Lauren says.

"Attacked?! Those scratches on her jaw? That was him?!" Becky's eyes widen.

"Yeah, that was him. God... I'm screwing shit up," Lauren says.

"Not as much as Katherine probably is," Becky says.

"Katherine will go as far as to pay the judge, the private investigators," Lauren says.

"Well, damn, your screwed. Unless you wanna stoop that low," Becky says.

"I will never," Lauren says.

Lauren's phone starts to ring and she pulls it out to see Ariana calling her.

"Excuse me, Ariana is calling me," Lauren says.

"No worries. Answer it," Becky returns to her book.

Lauren answers the call and brings the device up to her ear. "Ariana what a surprise," She speaks.

"Sadly it ain't a good one," Ariana speaks.

"What do you mean?" Lauren grips the device in her hand.

"You know my rival company? They got an anonymous source just not too long and... They released a story... About you, about Camila, about Rebecca," Ariana says.

Lauren feels her blood stop flowing, growing cold as she stares at the Hispanic girl beside her.

"What is the article about?" Lauren asks.

"Well, two were released. The first one, is that Chloe and Elijah aren't your kids, that Jauregui Finances has no true inheritor anymore, not for a few years to come," Ariana says.

"And the second one?" Lauren asks.

She knows what the second one is about but she needs to hear it.

"That you, Camila, and Rebecca had a threesome," Ariana says.

The device falls from Lauren's hand as she blankly stares down at it which now settles on her lap.

"Lauren? What did she say?" Becky asks concerned.

"They... She said... They..." Lauren stutters.

Becky hears her phone, which is settled beside her on the armrest of the couch, start to blow up.

She picks it up and starts reading notifications from all of her social media, being tagged and mentioned, before clicking on a message from Madison that is a link to an online article from Ariana Grande's rivaling magazine line.

Becky reads the title and her eyes widen. "No... They didn't..." She breathes out.

Lauren clenches her hands into fists, her blood boiling in anger. She stands up and punches the wall nearest her, not feeling the pain due to the curling anger flowing through her blood.

"I am going to ruin him. Ruin them," Lauren seethes.

They hear fast footsteps coming down the stairs as they look to see Camila appear.

"Lauren..." Camila trails off, holding up her phone.

"I know, mi amor," Lauren's hands curled into fists shaking with anger.

"God... This is my fault," Camila steps off the last step. She walks over to the two girls and looks sadly at Becky. "And you got caught in the crossfire," Camila says.

Becky glances at Lauren's hands which are still curled into fists, still shaking with anger.

The Hispanic girl gracefully rises from where she was seated and stares into Lauren's green eyes which have a small flame of anger in her pupils.

"You wanna be in the show, your gonna be in the show," Becky says.