Chapter Three - Don't Give In, Brave Warrior

Chapter Three

"Guys, guys," Miya shushed everyone as their coach arrived at practice Monday morning, but it wasn't out of respect. No, it was because he needed to spill the tea. The team fell hushed and glanced at their coach, only for Miya to step in front of him and place his hands on his hips. "I have an important announcement to make."

Their team captain, Shugo Meian, smirked. "Are you finally going to stop bleaching your hair like a teenage idol?"

"No way. He's way too vain to do that," Shion Inunaki laughed, dismissing the idea entirely to pitch another. "Probably just wants to brag about his stats again."

Miya let out a strangled scoff at the suggestions before clearing his throat. "I witnessed somethin' very intriguing this weekend."

"Get on with it," Meian teasingly coughed. This was far from the first time Miya had stalled practice for something everyone else would classify as unimportant news.

Miya huffed and crossed his arms over his chest while his teammates tittered, but Sakusa was already glaring. He knew what was coming, but if he tried to stop it, he also knew Miya would only make it worse for him later. "Our li'l Omi-kun has a girrrrrlfriend."

Hinata's eyes widened, and he looked over at Sakusa. "Really?! When can we meet her?"

"Good for you, man," Bokuto grinned, clapping him on the back supportively.

Sakusa sighed. "I don't have a girlfriend. Miya is just being dramatic as per usual."

"Oh, c'mon. No need to be shy, Omi! We're a family," Miya smirked. "When was the last time ya even spoke to a woman who wasn't either related to ya or working with ya? This is big news."

Sakusa rolled his eyes and leaned to the side to look at Coach Foster. "Can we start?"

"What? Don't wanna show us pictures?" Meian questioned teasingly.

"Be nice, guys," Bokuto spoke up. "Maybe she's just not that pretty, but I'm sure she has a great personality, right Sakusa?"

"She is– I don't have a girlfriend," Sakusa pinched the bridge of his nose. "It'd be a stretch to even say we're friends."

"I bet Saji-chan would be heartbroken to hear that," Miya mused. "I'd hate to have to tell her on Friday...."

"Why do I even bother with you?"

"Alright, alright. That's enough," Foster clapped his hands twice to gain their attention. Sakusa was about to let out a breath of relief, but Foster continued. "I'm sure Sakusa's girlfriend is very pretty."

The team laughed as Sakusa scowled, turning to flee, but Meian reached for his elbow, tugged him back into the group, and spoke lowly. "Just be a good sport. Let Miya get it out of his system now so we can concentrate during practice."

"Whatever," Sakusa grumbled.

"Sajima, we want to begin compiling your chapters of Yusuke and the Spirit Legion Prophecy into volumes."

Sajima's eyes widened, and she shifted in her chair. She wasn't sure what to say. Being in a meeting with her editor and a few big wigs in stuffy-looking suits wasn't exactly in her wheelhouse, and Sajima was at a loss for words. It was the natural progression. She had been hoping for this as it was a good indicator that the company wouldn't drop her series any time soon. Still, as soon as they started talking about run numbers, her heart began to race. "T-ten thousand?" She mumbled incredulously, and Takeuchi nudged her side, a signal to shut up.