Chapter Twenty-Two - Back To The Real World

Chapter Twenty-Two

"How are your feet feeling today?" Sakusa questioned when he stopped by Sajima's table the following morning before work.

"Not as bad as they could be considering you didn't let them touch the ground after I complained," she smiled, recalling how hard she laughed when Sakusa took her joke seriously and scooped her up out of the car to get her to her apartment at the end of their date. "It was as unnecessary as it was sweet and appreciated."

"You were the one who brought up the idea. I was just picking up your cues."

"I said you didn't need to pick me up like a princess, not that you should," Sajima defended. "You did that on your own. I'm not takin' the fall for that one."

Sakusa smirked, remembering her cute squeal when he picked her up and her sweet laugh when she called him her Prince Charming. "You liked it."

Sajima nodded. "You're right; I did."

Taking a few steps forward, Sakusa touched her shoulder and kissed her head. He told her not to work too hard and took his leave while Sajima blushed profusely from the unexpected display of affection. Sakusa wasn't quite sure why he felt so compelled to do that, he never thought he would be the type to be very affectionate in public, but he just felt so...happy. He didn't even think before acting; he simply did what he was compelled to do, which felt nice.

Of course, once he opened the locker room door, his eyes twitched at the sight of Miya's mischievous smirk.

Back to the real world.

"What is it this time?" He sighed, motioning lazily with his hand for him to hurry up. "Just get it over with so we can move on with the day."

Miya didn't really care when he got to tease Sakusa. What was important was that he did, and this one was a doozy. How could he pass up such a rare opportunity? "I've done my fair share of chasin' skirts, but I never thought I'd see the day you joined in, Omi."

Sakusa raised his eyebrow, and Bokuto chuckled. "Nice to see ya having some fun, man!"

"What are you talking about?"

Miya's smirk turned into a smile akin to the Grinch before he stole Christmas. "You haven't seen it yet, have ya?"

"Seen what?"

Meian poked his head through his practice jersey while contributing to the conversation. "You know that blocker for EJP who always looks bored out of his mind?"

Sakusa's eyes narrowed suspiciously. "Yes..."

"You're probably gonna want to check out the guy's Twitter account," he advised.

Miya waved his device in his hand and leaned against his locker. "No need to get yer phone out, Omi Omi. I already downloaded it onto mine."

When the bleach blond played the video of Sakusa chasing after Sajima and walking with her over his shoulder to the door, Sakusa's expression fell flat, and his skin began to burn. This was why PDA wasn't his thing...but Sajima did look really happy in the video, even from a distance, which helped ease his initial embarrassment. He could handle whatever bullshit he was dealt if she was happy. Luckily, most of the team had finished changing and were stretching on the court.

"Things are goin' good with the missus by the looks of it," Miya laughed, crossing his arms over his chest after dropping his phone in his locker. He didn't want to make Sakusa too mad, they were friends, after all, but he had to give the guy a good ribbing before congratulating him.